Gravid T. jacksonii jacksonii and Cool Temps

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Hi all you Trioceros lovers. I was hoping I might get a little input from you all about some baby T.j.j.'s that are in the "oven." My F1 female has lived outside here almost year-round since she was born; only going inside when the daytime temps weren't getting out of the low 60'sF/17-18C range. It is now early Fall and the temps are much more mild than the last 5-6 months and I'm wondering if I should bring her inside for the remainder of her gestation. Normally she'd be outside 24/7 for another couple months. As I've seen her eagerly feed on a 50F morning, I'm not too worried about her getting enough food but I am worried about the temps affecting the embryos. So, I'm wondering what you all would consider safe daytime temperatures to keep her outside in. Or, rather, when the temperatures begin staying in what range would you bring your gravid females in?

Thanks in advance and Trioceros power!!

DSCF8119.jpg

Thanks for the response. Do you mean as long as the day temperatures stay above 15C it's ok? Right now the night temps are about that but it warms up considerably in the day.

anyway u can hook up a ceramic or red bulb for night use?? If she sleeps in the heat zone of that, then u'll know she is prefering warmer temps for her babies developing. Just a thought.

This is one way I can tell for sure if my boas are gravid.....they will stay in warmer areas then use the whole cage.

I currently have my sternfeldi females outside also, both are gravid.

Nothing new, really. She's still as wide as ever and her feeding has definitely slowed down. I'm bringing her inside at night so her temps only get down to about 65F currently. I just saw another shipment of these and Kenyan T. hoehnelli has arrived.

Back
Top Bottom