Female panther not eating but very active

For sure! She was a bit grumpy and just hiding in the cage last afternoon/night after the vet, but she did drink directly from the dripper before bed.

I got her an 18in hood for the T5 5.0 UVB bulb and she already seems a little more content! Got another thermometer for basking and yeah it was too high originally considering its about 85 now (right by the light), absolutely my bad. Going to look into propping the heat bulb up even an inch or two higher and keeping an eye on basking temp

They didn't have calcium without D3 at petsmart -_- but I ordered from Chewy as soon as I got home so it should be here in a day or two.

For sure! She was a bit grumpy and just hiding in the cage last afternoon/night after the vet, but she did drink directly from the dripper before bed.

I got her an 18in hood for the T5 5.0 UVB bulb and she already seems a little more content! Got another thermometer for basking and yeah it was too high originally considering its about 85 now (right by the light), absolutely my bad. Going to look into propping the heat bulb up even an inch or two higher and keeping an eye on basking temp

They didn't have calcium without D3 at petsmart -_- but I ordered from Chewy as soon as I got home so it should be here in a day or two.
With that 18 inch T5 5.0 bulb you want to make sure that she can not get any closer then 9 inches to it. This will be an approximate 3 UVI level.

With that 18 inch T5 5.0 bulb you want to make sure that she can not get any closer then 9 inches to it. This will be an approximate 3 UVI level.
I put it a little more towards the front of the cage where the basking options are lower in height. I will go measure, take pics, and adjust branches or light if needed. Might need to get some wood blocks to prop it up

She's digging in the coco liner planter instead of the soil ?‍♀️ i'm not going to disturb her today but if she keeps trying to use that without success I'll add soil to it so she has more room for a tunnel. We are going to be gone tomorrow morning for a few hours so hopefully she uses that alone time well.

But good news as well is that she feels comfortable enough to dig at least!! That seems good to me? :)

As soon as she starts eating normally again I'll do this! She's literally only eaten twice with us :( but I keep seeing such variable feeding schedules re: whether to feed her every other day, every 2-3days skipping weekends, etc. But thank you, will get on this!!

I will probably get a small pothos for the plant hanger that is in there when I can. I was originally worried about overcrowding her cage.
Hello! so I told you the wrong supplement schedule the reptivite should have no d3 in it. d3 should only be fed 2wice a month

This is the second day she's tried to dig in the coco fiber planter instead of her lay bin. Should I remove it tomorrow morning provided she isn't in it, to try and let her see the bigger lay bin? There's absolutely no way for me to add enough dirt for her to lay unless she only wants like 3 inches of space?‍♀️

Gonna just repot the hibiscus after this as well so it's just one pot instead of cramming multiple bins in

Last edited:
This is the second day she's tried to dig in the coco fiber planter instead of her lay bin. Should I remove it tomorrow morning provided she isn't in it, to try and let her see the bigger lay bin? There's absolutely no way for me to add enough dirt for her to lay unless she only wants like 3 inches of space?‍♀️

Gonna just repot the hibiscus after this as well so it's just one pot instead of cramming multiple bins in
I am guessing the cocofiber is not mixed with sand in that one to hold a tunnel huh?

I don't have a female but I know if they try to lay in the cocofiber it is a high risk for the tunnel collapsing.

@kinyonga @AmandaS @MissSkittles @JoXie411
I am out of my element here. Should the OP remove the coco fiber planter that she keeps trying to dig in. What do yall think?

the coco fiber itself isnt mixed with anything, but i put some of the moist soil in. However there is no way i can fit more than 3-4 in deep of soil. Shes already mixed some of the fiber in with the dirt from digging in different parts.

she did stop and is just chilling on a branch now, so i could remove it

the coco “liner” is more packed together than your standard i guess? But not so much that she cant pull it apart. Kind of like stuffing from a fabric store but coco fibre instead

Last edited:
Thats fine for next time she lays, I’m asking whether its a better idea to remove what she’s currently digging in (not suitable) or to just leave her and see if she finds the bigger bin. Or decides to use the small one regardless

[edit]

In case it's unclear, what she's digging in is one of these filled with moist reptisoil (tunnel tested)
1603590047392.png

the picture i have in my first post shows a 16oz deli cup in it, so again approx 3-4in of depth. i just wanted an opinion just in case
i'll probably just remove it tomorrow morning before spraying so she goes down to the actual lay bin. i was planning to put a fern/pothos in this, just hadn't gotten back to the nursery nearby.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom