Gravid, sitting towards lower portion of cage, tips?

bloftis1

Avid Member
Hey guys, so as some of you know my female panther is gravid. She’s been sitting towards the lower portion of the cage, nor has she been eating either really... she looks at her bin but ignores it... would you guys recommend to put her inside of a big pot and leave her there?? She also has been drinking water too, no sunken eyes. Here’s the timelapse of her today too.

Ha funny....U made me stood here and wait for ur potato yam to come out...I watch 4 times and I see nothing ..no cham....u trick me with dirt video:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nooo lol she’s right behind the pot XDDDD you can barely see her but it’s a bit of her head right there

Nope I watched 3 times and couldnt find her... What are the dimensions on that pot and is that straight dirt in it?

And it’s 12 in deep, and I believe it was 8 in wide... that’s why I mthinking moving her into a big pot it 15 wide and 18 deep

Well I don't know if 8 inches is gonna do it for her. And I would be concerned about the soil not holding a tunnel. Everything I read from people with Females no mater the species is that they use moist play sand. Dig a test tunnel to make sure it holds. Here is a good blog on it https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/
Yeah I think I’m gonna make her into the bigggg pot, and I’ve tested the soil a few times, it makes a good tunnel with no collapsing

Yeah I think I’m gonna make her into the bigggg pot, and I’ve tested the soil a few times, it makes a good tunnel with no collapsing
I saw her lurking in the background, barely...

Moist play sand is preferable but soil/sand mix will work. I’d hold off on the new bin, don’t want to do anything to disturb her. Is the bottom half of her viv wrapped up?

I saw her lurking in the background, barely...

Moist play sand is preferable but soil/sand mix will work. I’d hold off on the new bin, don’t want to do anything to disturb her. Is the bottom half of her viv wrapped up?
The whole Vic is covered, and yeah you can slightly see her move in the back. Okay, I’ll keep in the Viv for a couple days? I’ll just keep monitoring her

The whole Vic is covered, and yeah you can slightly see her move in the back. Okay, I’ll keep in the Viv for a couple days? I’ll just keep monitoring her
Exactly, you got this! Your job right now is to just be patient and monitor her for signs of distress.

The privacy curtain.... it’s not ideal to cover the whole thing as your temps and humidity will skyrocket. Goal should be between half and 3/4 covered.

Exactly, you got this! Your job right now is to just be patient and monitor her for signs of distress.

The privacy curtain.... it’s not ideal to cover the whole thing as your temps and humidity will skyrocket. Goal should be between half and 3/4 covered.
Will do!

play sand soil mix 50/50 works for many panther females. Some like it if there is a small plant growing in it or sticks stuck in it.
ou will have to be patient and give her as much privacy as possible. A watched pot never boils blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom