Gravid quadricornis

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all!
Well my female quadricornis is more far along than I thought. She has started to develop a fairly large belly the past few weeks. Today I palpated her, and felt some eggs. The weird thing is that she has allowed my male to breed with her four times. My question is, should I put a laying bin with her now, or wait until she starts not eating, and wandering? I am going to construct a simple cage so she can be alone from the male, and have her privacy.

Thanks!
LPR08

laurie

Retired Moderator
Well finally!! Congratulations. In my opinion it is never to early to have a laying bin in with them. Once it is in place, I relax knowing she can lay when she wants.

I have a gravid quad arriving today from Chad at Tiki Tiki I am so excited.:D:D We can babysit eggs together.:D

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hahaha. I don't know why she is still breeding though. But she does feel like a little marble bag. But they are not down to the bottom of her belly yet, they are under the ribs and above the back legs where the tail begins.

I guess we can babysit eggs together :D

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have her in her enclosure, and with the laying bin. I have it completely covered, as she does not like the sight of me. I think she will be laying them within a week, she has started pacing, but she is still chowing down. I can't wait until she lays them, it will be great. Setting up the incubation medium now.

LPR08

Top Bottom