Gravid, Pinworms, Wasps and Donuts

I am glad Dr. Greek decided not to give her any oxytocin since he decided she was in a place she didn't need it. But honestly a vet visit is good even if it's just to give you peace of mind and it seems like the check up just gave you some extra info you needed.

He did give me peace of mind. If it had been anyone else with a different manner, I might have said he was laughing a little bit at my return (2x in the same month!). He was absolutely willing to repeat things, write it down for me, show me pictures (using an article in a reptile mag and a dog xray) to explain what he was talking about and even offered, if I was the type of person that needed this stressor removed, to spay her so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I'll be honest, that does sound amazing. But I don't have that kind of money and what a stressful experience for HER, which I would never do just to satisfy my own personal needs.

What this visit did tell me (and the range of feedback, opinions and advice I've rec'd along the way) is that I'm doing the right things, my husbandry efforts are dialed in and returning positive, healthy results in my cham. What else can I do now, but keep doing what I'm doing. She will do her thing in her own sweet way. Or she won't. And I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Spaying is a possibility. Though not a lot of people do it those who do I think all their chams have come out fine as long as there wasn't an underlying issue that was more terminal. And egg laying can be just as stressful on females that spaying would be in my opinion. It's just an option in my opinion down the road if you want to try to save up ^^

Spaying is a possibility. Though not a lot of people do it those who do I think all their chams have come out fine as long as there wasn't an underlying issue that was more terminal. And egg laying can be just as stressful on females that spaying would be in my opinion. It's just an option in my opinion down the road if you want to try to save up ^^
Hmmmm... well, that makes a lot of sense - thanks for that perspective!

Glad to hear that she is doing ok! Eating a wasp is a scary thing! I had Echo outside and a bee came around and caught his attention, but he didn't go for it. I was glad he didn't, because I wasn't sure what the venom would do to him. I imagine they do eat bees in the wild, but I don't want to find out what can happen!

Awesome, thanks for the update and tagging me so I'd see it! I'm glad she's doing well and just not there yet opposed to being egg-bound; must feel great to know!

Lucy almost got a wasp last week that had snuck in the window and was attracted to her lights; I was so glad her screen blocked it!

I never know how people come up with such good names. I have only two chams and one is still not named and the other is Spike - so unoriginal!!!

In my early 20's I had an Iguana named Bitey (and have a scar on my nose from when she chose to truly live up to it), and in high school I had 2 iguanas, Spaz (I didn't name him) and Little along with a duck named "Duck-duck". I'm not a great namer either

Back
Top Bottom