Gravid? Correct setup?

gperlman

Hi first of all i would like to thank those who take the time to read and comment.
I just received a female panther who is around a year and a half old. I was told she layed her first clutch in august, and i have a feeling she might be gravid from retained sperm. She hasnt eaten since in my care (3days going on 4) but she is active and still seems a little plump around her belly. Ive got around 8 inches of soil and 2 inches of sand at the bottom for the laying bin. Her main basking spot is 80 while it other are 77-84 degrees. My cage is all screen with two sides covered in plastic to raise humidity. 5.0 reptiglo UVB bulb. 2 live plants and lots of fake leaves. I have experience with panthers, but this is my first female.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352219955.608128.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352219976.802203.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352219993.114634.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352220011.479906.jpg
So i guess my questions are. Does she look gravid to you? If so is my setup proper for her?
All comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Bump. She wont go near the laying bin, i assume its because her cage is in my room and she can always see me. Should i put a sheet over the cage for a day or two?

Bump. She wont go near the laying bin, i assume its because her cage is in my room and she can always see me. Should i put a sheet over the cage for a day or two?
I'm not an expert, but she is big! I would say she is gravid. Put a cover over her cage, so she cannot see you and don't peek on her every hour.

Back
Top Bottom