Gravid colors?

AgentP77

I have researched many of these threads and I’m just thrown off by her recent change in colors. I had her at the vet about 3 weeks ago just for a general check up. They said she had eggs and showed me the X-ray but said they weren’t calcified yet so it would be a few more weeks. I’m freaking out cuz I had a previous one that died due to issues with being egg bound over and over. She had been going up and down and very active but the last 3 days very quiet, just sitting under her light, darker colors and doesn’t not want to be handled at all!! Not that I do it a lot but normally as soon as I open the door she’s out. I have a laying bin in there which she has never shown interest in.

Attachments

• E01CC476-ADA5-4CB5-BE59-F0FDF47D9B76.jpeg
    E01CC476-ADA5-4CB5-BE59-F0FDF47D9B76.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 83
  • A3AF26E4-0A18-4F8B-A058-7BDE22269DA7.jpeg
    A3AF26E4-0A18-4F8B-A058-7BDE22269DA7.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 54A67865-72DB-4844-A84D-7BF595849834.jpeg
    54A67865-72DB-4844-A84D-7BF595849834.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 83
wait a few more weeks, the colors she's showing now are stress colors not gravid colors, wait the weeks the vet said to, she wont show interest until later when the eggs are calcified I think...

@Brodybreaux25 I think would know more than I do

wait a few more weeks, the colors she's showing now are stress colors not gravid colors, wait the weeks the vet said to, she wont show interest until later when the eggs are calcified I think...

@Brodybreaux25 I think would know more than I do
Ok, so if you think they are stress colors I have another question. I have a new cage that should be here today. My stupid cat jumped on her cage and broke the screen on top (when he colors kind of started) it’s a bigger cage and I also got the recommended t5 light as well. Should I move her to the new one. I hate to stress her more but maybe the current cage is stressing her?!?

Give her one week after laying the eggs to change her viv.

Those aren’t stress colors, they are late stage gravid colors.

Tell us about her bin and post a pic please.

I will take a pic as soon as I’m back home. It’s a round 4 gallon bucket. It’s 12 inches deep. It has all sand in it. I had soil sand mixture but I was worried she didn’t like it so switched to all sand

Still no eggs but she is back to her normal colors... and eating normal again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 94
Back