gravid but not

awh53

well after sixty odd days since i bought my veiled chameleon
the truth has come finally out

i and the vet thought she was gravid even x rays showed what we thought were eggs but after not showing any sign of laying the vet decided to investigate further, it turned out that it was her folicles that had moved and was the blame. thankfuly she has been operated on and had her ovaries removed. she is now back home. she is not out of the woods yet need to give her some antibiotics now for a week .just hope she pulls through now
i am really grateful to the vet she says is not the first time she has had to do this type of op)

well after sixty odd days since i bought Jadzia(veiled chameleon)
the truth has come finally out

i and the vet thought she was gravid even x rays showed what we thought were eggs but after not showing any sign of laying the vet decided to investigate further, it turned out that it was her folicles that had moved and was the blame. thankfuly she has been operated on and had her ovaries removed. she is now back home. she is not out of the woods yet need to give her some antibiotics now for a week .just hope she pulls through now
i am really grateful to the vet she says is not the first time she has had to do this type of op)

Good catch , and way to act fast. !

Follicles had moved? Can you explain that more please? I'd hate to think a perfectly healthy animal was simply ovulating and an inexperienced vet did that?
Anyway, best wishes for a fast recovery. :)

from all appearence's she looked and felt as she had eggs even on the x rays they looked like eggs (she was like that when i got her) so after sixty days we felt that she must be egg bound after injections to help deliver eggs did not work it was decided to have a look and see what was happening, some of the folicle was infected so that was removed we also decided that as i was not going to breed from her to spay her to solve that problem completely
this was not taken lightly believe me if i thought for one moment that she could of avoided any invasive surgery then i would not have had it done

my vet for my reptiles is very experienced with them (she is the only one within 50 miles of where i live)

from all appearence's she looked and felt as she had eggs even on the x rays they looked like eggs (she was like that when i got her) so after sixty days we felt that she must be egg bound after injections to help deliver eggs did not work it was decided to have a look and see what was happening, some of the folicle was infected so that was removed we also decided that as i was not going to breed from her to spay her to solve that problem completely
this was not taken lightly believe me if i thought for one moment that she could of avoided any invasive surgery then i would not have had it done

You did the right thing. I had the same thing happen once. Unfortunately I did not act fast enough and lost her 1 day after surgery. She was not strong enough to fight .

i have my fingers crossed that she pulls through
tomorrow will be fun getting her to take her antibiotics
she looks so thin now compared to when i got her
got to keep the humidity as low as possible for a week to help her heal

not a bad price either at vets just over £100.00p all in paid half today and will pay the other half next week

Back
Top Bottom