Grapevine

lilblack94gt

Does anyone know if dried grapevine is safe to use for veiled chams? The craft stores around my area suck. All I could fine was dried grapevine. I am wanting to use it in my new 24x24x48 repti-breeze enclosure along with a pothos, hibiscus, and umbrella tree.

Also, can anyone recommend how to make natural looking ledges that are actually planters that I can attach to the sides of the cage for babys tears and pothos?

Hello :) I was lucky enough to find grapevine wreaths in one of the craft stores here. I soaked and scrubbed them. It made it pretty easy to cut pull apart and wrap around everything. You might try something like http://www.amazon.com/Darice-Grapev...UTF8&qid=1376574612&sr=8-8&keywords=grapevine

I placed bamboo dowels in the corners big and small enough ( depending on pot size ) to wedge in my pothos and baby tears. Bamboo has a really soft center sometimes so I placed long thin nails in the ends for support. They usually just push right through for a snug fit. Holds GREAT and theres no issues with the bamboo just rolling forward. Just a few ideas. I hope I helped a little. :p

Cages.jpg
My little lady Olives.jpg

Thanks Laura! I will try that. I bought a grapevine wreath that I plan to soak in some bleach water to kill any nasties on it. Your cage looks almost exactly like mine. do you manually mist yours or do you have a misting system? If you have a misting system, what do you do about drainage? The bottom of my cage is just a hard white sheet of plexi thats loose. I was thinking of siliconing it in place and adding a drain hole.

Thanks Laura! I will try that. I bought a grapevine wreath that I plan to soak in some bleach water to kill any nasties on it. Your cage looks almost exactly like mine. do you manually mist yours or do you have a misting system? If you have a misting system, what do you do about drainage? The bottom of my cage is just a hard white sheet of plexi thats loose. I was thinking of siliconing it in place and adding a drain hole.

Fortunately, I work from home so I am able to hand mist throughout the day. I'm in the process of designing a 6 enclosure cabinet storage wall unit. We have a misting system already that we will probably incorporate in the custom.

That's great news about the wreath. I didn't clean mine with bleach or anything. I just gave them a really good scrubbing and let them dry out. Post some pictures! I would love to see! :D

Back
Top Bottom