Got some DUBIAS!!!!

oneshot

Is it weird that I'm so excited?

I ordered from www.theroachranch.com the owner, Ian, is a really nice guy, quick replies to any email question, very helpful.

I got about 150 mixed, very well packaged and I didn't see even one dead one. Shipped fast.

I thought I would be creeped out by them, but they are not bad at all! I already like them better than crickets. They're easier to catch, and I fed my bigger cham one and she went right after it.

I get the vibe that most people cup feed dubias, but I put one on the screen and it climbed around a ton before it found a corner and just sat there. Then I took it off and put it on a vine and it walked on the vine and the cham saw it. I feel like it's in their "animal" instinct to hunt down food.

Anywho, just thought I would let anyone know that if you're thinking about Dubia, but are at all nervous, you shouldn't be - they're great!

Yea I'm in the same boat. I'm very excited to get my dubias and hornworms.

I was thinking about cup feeding but wondered if I could just let them loose in the cage for them to find it.

You CAN release the roaches right into the cage BUT they have a habbit of just finding a dark place to hide and not moving making it tough for your cham to find it. Its all good if you watch your cham hunt and eat it but if not I would recommend cup feeding.

Back
Top Bottom