Got my second crested gecko!

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
After alot of umming and ahhing I took the plunge and got my second crestie this evening! 'She' is a beauty! Here's the story - On Tuesday we looked in Petsathome and saw the cresties were awake! Well, there was a creamy coloured one sat on the log and it jumped down to the front and sat there looking at me for a while! Well, my heart pretty much melted on the spot! I really thought about it long and hard but couldn't stop thinking about 'her'.

I went back this evening and asked to see them - there were four in the vivarium. How on earth would I know which one I saw?! The first one had a couple of spots, but I didn't think that was the one, the second was a bit darker and smaller than I remembered. The one I liked had white spots on it's knees. The third one the girl picked out was her! I knew it was the one, despite the shed hanging off her! Here's a few pics I got whilst transferring her to her new home! Now I need to think of a name .... I say 'her' - she's too pretty to be male and has eyelashes to die for!

In the box!
Inthebox.jpg

Hewwo! You must be my new Mum!
HelloMummy.jpg

S/he has already licked some CGD off my finger!

Mmmmmmm!
Mmmmmm.jpg

New skin for a new home!
FirstHold.jpg

Settling in
NewHome.jpg

I don't know. She's smaller than Splat and he's almost 7 months - she's about half his size I think. Weighs about 10g! What makes you think female?:confused:

Well now that you mention her size i'm not so sure anymore. I don't see a bulge but again might be a little young to sex. After 6 or 7 months if "she" doesn't develope a hemipenal bulge, then she is a she. :) Does Splat have a hemipenal bulge?

Yes he does have a bulge! The breeder knew he was male at 4 months of age. I've seen pores too when I zoom in on pics. She's very good at sexing, but my newbie didn't come from her.

Oh ok, well like I said, wait a few months and see if she developes a bulge. :D I have both a female and male and love them to death. :)

I haven't seen shedding crestie pictures before, they are as cute as shedding chameleons. She is quite the looker, i would name her Di, either cause she is cute enough to die for or for princess Di, cause she looks like a little princess- um maybe just princess??

Well now that you mention her size i'm not so sure anymore. I don't see a bulge but again might be a little young to sex. After 6 or 7 months if "she" doesn't develope a hemipenal bulge, then she is a she. :) Does Splat have a hemipenal bulge?

Crested Geckos don't develop as fast as a chameleon does, if you are comparing growth rates. Sex can't be determined until about 10 grams of weight, and buldges aren't TOO noticable at that time. You have to look for pores on the hind legs, and most breeders use a 5x-10x jewelers glass.

LPR08

It actually takes quite a lot for them to drop there tails. Maybe if they get it trapped in something or you grab them by the tail. They actually have some lamellae on a flattened portion at the end of the tail as they use it for climbing, gripping, etc! I was worried about this too, as I much prefer them with tails. They don't grow back like some lizards, so I am careful when handling mine!:D

she's so cute. I want to give her plenty if kisses.

oh Tiff, I named a mantid after you. sorry, I know you don't like them, but she is so sweet like you are. :D

Harry

shes nice looking... my girlfriend loves these guys but im scared their tail will pop off on me

I took in a little girl with no tail and you wouldn't even notice her tail missing because she is so beautiful. Yes it's true they don't regenerate their tails but are still just as pretty.:D Her previouse owner freaked when she got out once and grabbed her by the tail. :(

New036-1.jpg

RexiRex.jpg

AND of course the cutest picture of her. Lol!
Rexi.jpg

she's so cute. I want to give her plenty if kisses.

oh Tiff, I named a mantid after you. sorry, I know you don't like them, but she is so sweet like you are. :D

Harry

Oh Harry! That's funny! I hope it's a pretty little mantid! It's not that i don't like them, they jut frak me out a little. They look kind of evil too,lol! I did see one washing itself at the reptile show. My friend was so excited as she keeps them herself, and I was like 'oh yeah, where's the chameleons?' Lol!:D

She is cute - no name as yet but I am leaning towards Willow. That could be for either in case it turns out to be male after all, lol! She is far too small to know just yet. I can't wait until the lights go out tonight - she's spent the day in her coconut hide! I am just itching to see her and make sure that she shed completely last night.

adorable tiff! I am thinking about getting one. :) they are some of my favorite geckos, along with giant day geckos and tokay!

A small update ...

I renewed food and water tonight and she was out on the side of the viv. I held my hand out and she jumped straight on! She's very skittish and jumped off again. Fed her 4 tiny crix in a dish which she has eaten and I could see that she has shed ok too! She has white patches on her knees, bless!:D

I remembered the white knees from when I first saw her on Tuesday. I am amazed that I knew which one it was even though she was shedding. There were 4 in the viv altogether and the first two I knew weren't the one that I had seen and fallen in love with! Hope she settles ink and doesn't keep her skittishness for long! Just a couple more pics too! :D

Cutie1.jpg

Cutie2.jpg

Such lovely eyelashes already!:D It was those gorgeous eyes and well formed crests that sucked me in, lol!:D
Cutie2-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom