UserName

And I think I'm worrying too much...
As in he doesn't eat much and drink much water :/

any tips?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 124
What it is is super young. Babies should not be sold before 3 months old.

It takes time for babies to settle in and get used to their new environment.

What it is is super young. Babies should not be sold before 3 months old.

It takes time for babies to settle in and get used to their new environment.

And why is that? Do they take even longer to get use to their new environments?

And why is that? Do they take even longer to get use to their new environments?

Why to which part?

Babies should not be shipped and sold before 3 months old.

They are finicky. Too much stress on a brand new hatchling can kill them.

Moving for them is very stressful.

Mine wasn't shipped... I got him at an exotic pet store in here. Also I've seen him eat 2 bugs the other day and drink some water (not a lot though), but I'm guessing its a good sign that he eats and drinks some?

It is a good sign he ate and drank.

Its just responsible breeding ethics to not sell before 3 months old.

You just have to make sure your care is spot on.

Good luck with the little guy! He's adorable. I also recently purchased a new baby veiled. She's slightly larger than your little guy. She's roughly about 5 or 6 weeks old. I think. And yes it's a good sign that he's eating and drinking. What are you feeding him? Any supplements?

Thanks! Pinheads are good. Just keep in mind at such a young age they should be eating minimum of 15 a day. But it might take a lil bit for him to get used to his new home and start eating and drinking normally. Fruitflies are a good option too. Mine loves her fruit flies! She will eat anywhere from 15 to 25 fruit flies/pinheads per day! And make sure you dust all feeders with calcium without d3 at every feeding. Super important at this age!

Yea, I've dusted the pinhead crickets when I'm about to feed him, guess I should start looking for fruit flies and add a new menu for him! :D

Back
Top Bottom