Got home and lil guy looks like he is in trouble NEED HELP

Thanks Draetish for the kind words, means allot. It might be a min before i get another cham, i have to figure out what went wrong best as i can first. There are spiders around, the house was empty for a bit before we moved in. I'm not sure if they are venomous or not (i dont think so, but spider bite on lil cham who knows) The air temp is constant 70F and his basking spot was 84F max, there are windows but he did not get direct sunlight (he was on other side of the room away from windows) He had stoped eating as much about 3 days before, but still eating some and drinking well. I thought that was because he was going to shed soon, but that could have been the first signal something was wrong. i should have thought more of it, i dont know :( Thanks again for everyone's support and kind words.

RIP Archie

I'm sorry for your loss. Rememberthat there is always the possibility that you may not have caused his death at all. Of course a necropsy might tell you more.

Keep in mind - not all deaths (cham, human or other) are related to environmental factors. It appears to me you did your homework and were well prepared.

As Pssh said - a necropsy might provide some answers and clear up any questions you might have on whether or not husbandry was a factor. If so, you can get another with confidence than any deficiencies have been identified and corrected. If not, then you've bought some peace of mind.

Rip

RIP Archie. Sounds to me you did the best you could for your little guy and, sometimes we need to accept that its all we can do. You really miss him but at some point you need to give yourself a break, we live and we learn.:(

Back
Top Bottom