Got him a tree... What do I need to worry about?

Ok so the tree might be an epic fail... He just keeps trying to climb out on the edge of the limbs to get to me at my desk 4 feet away... If I have it close to the window he tries to climb the fake bars in the glass panes... He almost lost his grip doing it. :(

Its probably just too new. My guys geek out a little at first, too, when I add new stuff. Just stay close by the first few minutes until he gets comfy and explores. I move my tree a little further from the window when/if they do that so they are less inclined to reach for it. You can always add a blanket or towel around the bottom, if you are worried about falls initially. I think he will calm down once he realizes it is "his" and is safe.

I seen you asking about Metal Halide bulbs before. A MH bulb needs a ballast to power. Normally magnetic or electronic. MH bulbs come in 2 types. Single end or double end. A SE bulb normally has a UV coating over the bulb itself as to only emit a certain percentage of UV rays. A DE bulb you normally have in a fixture with a pane of glass that blocks a percentage of the UV rays. I prefer the DE type but thats over my reef aquarium. I have never used a halide for a reptile but im sure its more than adequate.

Its probably just too new. My guys geek out a little at first, too, when I add new stuff. Just stay close by the first few minutes until he gets comfy and explores. I move my tree a little further from the window when/if they do that so they are less inclined to reach for it. You can always add a blanket or towel around the bottom, if you are worried about falls initially. I think he will calm down once he realizes it is "his" and is safe.
Thanks hun I will do this and see if he settles in more.

I seen you asking about Metal Halide bulbs before. A MH bulb needs a ballast to power. Normally magnetic or electronic. MH bulbs come in 2 types. Single end or double end. A SE bulb normally has a UV coating over the bulb itself as to only emit a certain percentage of UV rays. A DE bulb you normally have in a fixture with a pane of glass that blocks a percentage of the UV rays. I prefer the DE type but thats over my reef aquarium. I have never used a halide for a reptile but im sure its more than adequate.
Thank u for the info. I am not going to use one since he will not be out on this for long periods of time :)

The biggest issue I have is getting him out of the tree. He likes it there. If he curls up his tail, it means he's not ready to leave yet.

Yes, I see what you mean about not doing it too close to bedtime.

Put one of those cones they put on dogs after surgery around the base of your tree, narrow on the bottom wide on top. It prevents him from climbing down the trunk of the tree. Pretty easy to make your own too, just needs to be made of something slick...
OMG BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!!!! I am going to totally go to the craft store and see what I can fix up lol

I never want to hear you say anything thing about not being handy again!
Hey you know I have skills with a hot glue gun and plastic. lol you have seen my efforts there. It is the freaking wood. And how to cut it and what the angles should be. AND why the heck does a 2x4 not actually measure 2x4inches. LIKE COME ON!!! I think yall men got together and planed this on purpose to mess with us women.

Hey you know I have skills with a hot glue gun and plastic. lol you have seen my efforts there. It is the freaking wood. And how to cut it and what the angles should be. AND why the heck does a 2x4 not actually measure 2x4inches. LIKE COME ON!!! I think yall men got together and planed this on purpose to mess with us women.
We’re guys, what did you expect? We always tell women our wood is bigger than it really is!

Not just women, lol I grew up in the city with parents that didn't have a clue about DIY, so I never learned either. I'm only learning a lot of this crap in my late 20s.

Not just women, lol I grew up in the city with parents that didn't have a clue about DIY, so I never learned either. I'm only learning a lot of this crap in my late 20s.
Awwwww I remember my late 20's how lovely lol. Yeah I grew up with a single mother and an only child. I pretty much have taught myself to do everything. I can come up with awesome designs in my head for how I see something but then I do not know how to implement them to get what I want if it is working with wood. I have always admired people that could build things. Were handy and capable at that stuff. I am to a certain degree but just don't know enough about working with wood to know how to do the cuts or lengths to get what I need. :(

Awwwww I remember my late 20's how lovely lol. Yeah I grew up with a single mother and an only child. I pretty much have taught myself to do everything. I can come up with awesome designs in my head for how I see something but then I do not know how to implement them to get what I want if it is working with wood. I have always admired people that could build things. Were handy and capable at that stuff. I am to a certain degree but just don't know enough about working with wood to know how to do the cuts or lengths to get what I need. :(
090F897C-7A6F-4F2D-88A0-CE6132BF6B6D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom