Got Daddy Long Legs???

JaxyGirl

Avid Member
So I found out by accident that Neo absolutely loves Daddy Long Legs!!
I had him out on his bush and he ate one! Before I could stop him all there was left were the long legs wiggling around in his mouth!! :eek:
He was Sooo proud of himself that he turned this vibrant blue and he's only 5 mos old! I managed to capture it but it's a little blurry. Soooo freaking out that they were poisonous because I heard they were "The most Poisonous spiders in the world" I thought he was serously going to die!! So I ran in the house a did a bunch of research..... The outside of my house was infested with Daddy Long Legs everywhere!! But Not any more!! My guy absolutely Loves them and pretty much all of them have been eaten :)
http://spiders.ucr.edu/daddylonglegs.html
Here's a picture of Neo after he ate the first one he just lit up :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 204
I had him out on his bush and he ate one! Before I could stop him all there was left were the long legs wiggling around in his mouth!! :eek:
He was Sooo proud of himself that he turned this vibrant blue and he's only 5 mos old! I managed to capture it but it's a little blurry. Soooo freaking out that they were poisonous because I heard they were "The most Poisonous spiders in the world" I thought he was serously going to die!! So I ran in the house a did a bunch of research..... The outside of my house was infested with Daddy Long Legs everywhere!! But Not any more!! My guy absolutely Loves them and pretty much all of them have been eaten :)

I should release my cham into my downstairs bathroom then...they're everywhere! Good Job Neo! Did he pull any Matrix moves while catching it? :D

There are two different things called daddy long legs. The ones you found outdoors, around your house, are harvestmen. They have round bodies and long hair like legs. Not even spiders. Olipodae, or something like that. Harmless.

The ones people find in basements, bathrooms,etc, are also called daddy long legs. Very long legged, but not like harvestman. They're spiders, and they can bite. A duplex I lived in a few years ago was filled with them. I got bit all the time the first few nights. Annoying and itchy, but not serious at all.

Edit: yeah, basically what the article said. I didn't notice it at first.

There are two different things called daddy long legs. The ones you found outdoors, around your house, are harvestmen. They have round bodies and long hair like legs. Not even spiders. Olipodae, or something like that. Harmless.

The ones people find in basements, bathrooms,etc, are also called daddy long legs. Very long legged, but not like harvestman. They're spiders, and they can bite. A duplex I lived in a few years ago was filled with them. I got bit all the time the first few nights. Annoying and itchy, but not serious at all.

Edit: yeah, basically what the article said. I didn't notice it at first.

It's interesting how Daddy Long Legs has such am bad rap and they aren't even a spider! I figure they're great free food!! And Neo absolutely loves them so it's a win win situation :)

Lol, its been awhile:D

Currently cham-less but I'm busy anyway. I'll get back to the hobby later.

I'll try to pop up here more often on here and enjoy pictures.

Lol, its been awhile:D

Currently cham-less but I'm busy anyway. I'll get back to the hobby later.

I'll try to pop up here more often on here and enjoy pictures.

I just recently got back on here myself. My 8 year old male Jacksons died about 4 months ago and before that I wasn't on here as much. But I just got 2 young Panthers and not having had them before I've been on here a little more lately

I just recently got back on here myself. My 8 year old male Jacksons died about 4 months ago and before that I wasn't on here as much. But I just got 2 young Panthers and not having had them before I've been on here a little more lately

I am sorry for your loss:( I bet he was a great cham.

And Congratulations on the new arrivals! It makes sense to be on here again with new chams :) I'm sure they will turn out great under your care.

I'm still in college and amazingly my future goals have drastically changed. But chameleons will be in my future.

Glad your cham is getting some variety, but remember this, when your house and yard are over run with other spiders. Daddy Long Legs are guardians! :D Better get some glue traps on your next visit to the grocery store. :eek:

Glad your cham is getting some variety, but remember this, when your house and yard are over run with other spiders. Daddy Long Legs are guardians! :D Better get some glue traps on your next visit to the grocery store. :eek:

My house is already over run with other spiders Lol! Idk why? There's more this year then any other! I still don't like kill them though.. If they get in the house I catch them and put them outside :D

Your guy looks awesome, especially for 5 months!!! He's a different one than your avatar isn't it? Both (or he...haha) look awesome!

ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR CHAM....BEAUTIFUL...i'm quite jealous!:D

Your guy looks awesome, especially for 5 months!!! He's a different one than your avatar isn't it? Both (or he...haha) look awesome!

Thank you for the nice compliment! Actually it's the same little guy. My avatar is a couple of days after I got him. Aug 30 will be a month. I can't believe how different he looks now. He just shed again today and it was all over the floor like tissue paper. I love it when they shed its so cute! :D

Back
Top Bottom