Got a Tokay

Yes, they are loud. Have you tried to handle him at all?

Yeah when I first got it, I don't know if it's a male or female hopefully it's a female. It barked at me when I first had it in my hand cuz it was angry and again as a warning when I went to take it out of the carrier. it's quiet now that it's in the cage.

They are an aggressive species of geckos and most people I've talked to do not recommend handling them. Keep me posted on your experience with him/her.

I know that Syn has tamed hers, but I do know it will take a while. We will see what happens. Their bite doesn't hurt half as bad as the cham's.

Tokays are great.....Id say half are really on the loud side the others tend to just run without barking.....

They arent really that hard to tame....just need to take it easy and not rush things.....CBB is the way to go though....

Give it time to adjust though before handling.....

i used to frequent a reptile shop as a kid. and my friend was the manager. he would handle aggressive snakes and monitors all day long without flinching, but when tokays came in..... out came the leather gloves. he wouldnt handle them without.

HAHAHA well the bite doesn't hurt, at least, not as much as the chams do. It left a red pressure mark but it went away. I have been letting it adjust and haven't handled it, also half because it is super fast and I don't want to lose it :p

Tokays are my favorite of all the geckos, but I've had super loud ones and very quiet ones, as well as really bitey ones and very laid back ones. One of my WC females was the "meanest", bitey monster of all, but great for stray cricket wrangling and random barking. My CBB male was the laziest, sweetest boy ever. :)

HAHAHA well the bite doesn't hurt, at least, not as much as the chams do. It left a red pressure mark but it went away. I have been letting it adjust and haven't handled it, also half because it is super fast and I don't want to lose it :p

Yeah i think it was just his hang up with geckos. He was afraid of birds too. He made me tend to the tiels and budgies. He had one tokay that bit and held on. It hung from his finger till he ran it under running water. They can be realy pretty tho. Have u seen the different morphs?

Yeah i think it was just his hang up with geckos. He was afraid of birds too. He made me tend to the tiels and budgies. He had one tokay that bit and held on. It hung from his finger till he ran it under running water. They can be realy pretty tho. Have u seen the different morphs?

no i haven't. This one held onto my finger as well, that is the only way i was able to get it into the carrier haha.

i think nerd has the most tokay morphs. you should check it out. sux cuz they r so new it cost an arm and a leg.... if yer small maybe an arm and both legs lol

NERD's calico and powder blue Tokays are fantastic! I wish I could afford them.. or even justify the price tag on them, for a Tokay. ;)

Back
Top Bottom