Got a new veiled chameleon last night! First time!

Building out of wood or metal also works. I’d rate it as wood, then window screen frame, then metal as easiest and cheapest to build. Just get some dimensional lumber (1x2s, 2x2s, or 2x4s), make some frames, staple gun on some window screen mesh (I’d use metal screen if your cham isn’t a screen climber, it’s stronger and harder for insects to chew through), add hinges, locks, and a drainage system, and voila, a cage! You can also make a custom background, your own version of DragonStrand DragonLedges, and use a PVC panel or plywood for one or more of the sides. Make sure to not use treated lumber, just plain. Also make sure to seal the wood with something non toxic. If you're more interested in wood over window screen frame, let me know! I have a cage build thread if you want to look at it, as well. PVC pipe is dirt cheap and super easy to make a cage out of, as well, but isn’t bug proof because of the gaps with the door

Building out of wood or metal also works. I’d rate it as wood, then window screen frame, then metal as easiest and cheapest to build. Just get some dimensional lumber (1x2s, 2x2s, or 2x4s), make some frames, staple gun on some window screen mesh (I’d use metal screen if your cham isn’t a screen climber, it’s stronger and harder for insects to chew through), add hinges, locks, and a drainage system, and voila, a cage! You can also make a custom background, your own version of DragonStrand DragonLedges, and use a PVC panel or plywood for one or more of the sides. Make sure to not use treated lumber, just plain. Also make sure to seal the wood with something non toxic. If you're more interested in wood over window screen frame, let me know! I have a cage build thread if you want to look at it, as well. PVC pipe is dirt cheap and super easy to make a cage out of, as well, but isn’t bug proof because of the gaps with the door
Hey do you care to send me the links of everything that is in your setup?

Why does he look so much different when he is in and out of the cage??

Attachments

• F5E8F83B-FACD-45A2-B6E7-E6C0638D628C.jpeg
    F5E8F83B-FACD-45A2-B6E7-E6C0638D628C.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 254
Why does he look so much different when he is in and out of the cage??
He’s fired up. Don’t handle him unless he asks for it (climbs onto you himself).
Edit: lots of brown does usually mean he’s not as hot as he’d like to be.

Last edited:
Good news! Just bought a 2x2x4 cage with plenty of plants and a dripper system. Also I bought some calcium supplements for Rocky. Should be ready to go by the end of next week!!

Also when my mom tried to put him back in his cage today, he kept crawling right back up to her head every time! So I think he is getting used to being around us.

Back
Top Bottom