Goodbye to Lenny

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well the day finally came, and I had to make the decision to put my little friend down. Many of you who are newer to the forum do not know much about him, but he came to me 2 yrs ago from another forum member who was moving. He was not living the greatest life at the time and I was so happy to bring him into my home and give him the tlc that he deserved. He came to me with Edema which I could never get under control, but he still lived a good life. He turned 6 in December, so he lived longer than most and spent the past few years under my care being pampered like a king! A couple of pics and the second pic is the last one I took of him about a month ago. He was not the most colorful or beautiful as compared to some, but was a really sweet and gentle soul. RIP Lenny, you will be greatly missed.

Attachments

• DSCN0459.jpg
    DSCN0459.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 205
  • WP_20131003_030.jpg
    WP_20131003_030.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about Lenny! But 6 years is definitely a good life and he certainly didn't want for anything while he was with you. He couldn't have lived out his golden years with anyone better.

I am so sorry that you lost Lenny. He was a very handsome boy! I'm glad he got to live out his golden years with you.

Oh Carol,,, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Lenny... He was a lucky boy to have made his way to you! He was pampered and loved and I bet he knew it!!!!
Thinking of you!!!

Carol, sorry that you had to make that decision. Lenny was very lucky to have had you to care for him. Thanks for giving him a great home. RIP little one :(.

Carol that is so sad. But when we love these creatures the way we do, our love and compassion tells us when we have to give in. You gave Lenny a wonderful life, and let him leave you when it was time, no matter how much it hurt you. That is truly loving your Lenny. RIP Lenny.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Carol. He had a wonderful loving home with you but now it's time for him to be with all our babies at the rainbow bridge..xx

I am so sorry for your loss of Lenny. :( Even though you didn't have him very long he was so lucky to have ended up with you to live his last few years being pampered and loved like he deserved! Sometimes the hardest decisions are made with the most love to keep them from hurting. I am glad that he had you and I hope you can take some comfort in all the memories of the good times with Lenny. May he rest in peace.

I am so sorry for your loss of Lenny. :( Even though you didn't have him very long he was so lucky to have ended up with you to live his last few years being pampered and loved like he deserved! Sometimes the hardest decisions are made with the most love to keep them from hurting. I am glad that he had you and I hope you can take some comfort in all the memories of the good times with Lenny. May he rest in peace.

Thank you Dayna(and to everyone). I got a beautiful handwritten card from my vet and he said that he knew the minute he saw him it was the right decision.

Oh no! Carol im so sorry!

I know everything you did for him, and you gave him the best life possible for the time you had him!!

IM so so so sorry!

Back
Top Bottom