Goodbye Teal'c <3

AngieL

Avid Member
2 weeks ago today we lost Teal'c. it has taken me a long time to be able to look through photos and make this thread without crying.

I can't be 100% sure what happened to her as we did not get a necropsy but I am almost certain that it was egg problems. She was definitely gravid and about 3 weeks away from laying and she was at the stage where she would usually have a massive weight gain. So all I can think is that something with the egg development went horribly wrong.

The day before she died I turned her lights on and her eyes were sunken in. I was concerned and called the vet and got the soonest appointment I could which was for Thursday. On Wednesday before I left for work she was gaping and an hour after I got to work john called and said I should come home. Teal'c was wheezing and retching and she threw up the locust she had for lunch on Monday. I got John to call the vet and tell them we needed to come in right away. I knew she was dying and I didn't want her to suffer so I thought the kindest thing would be to take her in and have her PTS. She died in my hands on the ay to the vet either in the car or before we left the house I'm not sure. We carried on anyway and asked the vet to check that she was gone and she was. She's now resting in the garden under the tree with her sleepy branch planted above so she can sleep well.

She is such a big miss in our house. Filling the dripper, misting and emptying the drainage basin were just automatic, as well as feeding and standing watching her go about her business. I had to have john take her enclosure down straight away because looking at it sitting there in darkness was too much. We moved Jabba, our baby bearded dragons tank to Teal'cs spot so that now when I feel the urge to go there I see a little lizard looking up at me instead of an empty space. We have kept her Teal'cs plant there though and it's really beautiful. It reminds me of her because she was always on it or holding it or pooping on it.

I'm not going to rush into getting another chameleon because when things go horribly wrong the vets here don't have the experience to fix it. I'm not confident that a vet could have saved her but as I don't know I will have to think long and hard before bringing another fragile little life home with me.

I would like to share a poem I made for Teal'c with you and some photos too

Teal'c my friend you'll never know
The things you did for me
You taught me how to care for you
And how to keep chameleons pleased
You used to sit and stare at me
And I would stare at you
And when we looked into each other’s eyes
That is when I knew
That you were something very special like nothing else alive
I so loved looking after you and watching as you thrived
I miss your little stink eyes scowling me for nothing :)
I miss your little hungry face looking at what I'm scoffing :)
I even miss you hissing at me when you were in a strop!
I miss you every day my love
And I will never stop
You changed my life from day to day
You fitted like a glove
I treasure the time I had with you
Each moment filled with love
But now you’re gone and I can’t lie
I wasn’t ready to say goodbye

Here she is the first day we took her home
136.jpg
165.JPG

And this is when her big girl colours first came through
153.JPG

in the garden
226.JPG

first time gravid
320.jpg

happy girl
full

grumpy girl
full

nummin' strawberries, her fave treat
full

pretty girl in the garden again
full

looking cute as always and posing
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Here she is on the sleepy branch that we planted on her grave
full

And this is the last pic I have of her other than the one I took the day her eyes were sunken
full

RIP my darling xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your heartbreak. I can feel your love for her in your lovely poem. It just hurts so much when we lose one we cherish. RIP Teal'c

So sorry for your loss. You can see such a personality in her through the pictures. Hope the pain of loss is replaced only by great memories of your little girl.

RIP little one.

What a beautiful tribute to Teal'c and such a lovely little girl she was. What a beautiful poem and so very true. Angie I am so sorry you had to loose her. I've had all kinds of pets my entire life and it's just something so special about these little guys.

Aww I am so sorry for your loss of Teal'c. She was blessed to have such a good home and loving family and you guys took such great care of her. You've created a beautiful tribute to her. May all your happy memories of Teal'c bring you comfort during this difficult time. :(

Thank you all so much for your very kind words, it means so much to John and me. I feel so lucky to have found you guys abd the forums, Teal'c and I wouldnt have got this far without you! We have learned so much here.

I could have written a hundred poems for Teal'c. I do have so many happy memories and am just lucky to have had her. She was the most awesome lovely grouch I ever met :)

What a beautiful tribute to Teal'c and such a lovely little girl she was. What a beautiful poem and so very true. Angie I am so sorry you had to loose her. I've had all kinds of pets my entire life and it's just something so special about these little guys.

Thanks Jann you are always there for me and I learned so much about females and egg laying from your blogs, help and advice.

Aww I am so sorry for your loss of Teal'c. She was blessed to have such a good home and loving family and you guys took such great care of her. You've created a beautiful tribute to her. May all your happy memories of Teal'c bring you comfort during this difficult time. :(

Thanks Dayna that's so sweet of you! And thanks for always giving me advice when we had our problems with Teal'cs edema :)

Angie I'm sooo sorry to hear about your lose of Teal'c..... She was a beautiful little girl!!!
May you memories and photos of her bring you comfort!!!!

That poem was just perfect,,, :)

Angie I am so very sorry to hear of Teal'c's loss, and your poetic tribute to her moved me to tears. Carry your love for her in your heart always. Thinking of you. RIP Teal'c.

Thank you guys so so much for your kind words. I have so many happy memories and treasured pictures of my little angel. I just still miss her so bad :(

Back
Top Bottom