Good weight?

So I decided to weight Leopold yesturday (male veiled) and he weighs 131 grams. Is that too small or just right? I don't think he was eating much at Dave's because he was so stressed.

How old is he? At one year old Luie was 140 grams. At a year and a half he was 202 grams. More recently he has been up uo 232 grams but he's been on a diet.....the vet likes for me to keep him at 220 and last weekend he weighted 220. :D

How old is he? At one year old Luie was 140 grams. At a year and a half he was 202 grams. More recently he has been up uo 232 grams but he's been on a diet.....the vet likes for me to keep him at 220 and last weekend he weighted 220. :D

He's about a year. So I guess that isn't too bad.

Ive noticed some veileds get a little larger then others, I dont think its anything to worry about. I once had a WC female that wasnt gravid weigh close to 220grams. She was a beast!

She actually died from a male beating her with his head when attemting to mate. When he was doing the head butting thing to her side he damaged her organs, and she died aweek later. It was super sad. Ive bred a handful of veileds and never had anything like this happen before. I named her strawberry because she loved thinly sliced pieces of strawberries.

She actually died from a male beating her with his head when attemting to mate. When he was doing the head butting thing to her side he damaged her organs, and she died aweek later. It was super sad. Ive bred a handful of veileds and never had anything like this happen before. I named her strawberry because she loved thinly sliced pieces of strawberries.

That's so sad. I was terrified when I let mine mate but Luie was so gentle......no problems at all BUT I never plan to do it again.

Most of my guys are gentle, but the guy I used is a mad man. He is one of my best looking, but also the second meanest out my 5 sires. Ive bred him successfully twice, but the ladies hate him.

My first cham, Lily, weighed 200g AFTER her second infertile clutch, but I know that she was overfed her whole life. She was huge - I only realise how big when I look back at photos of her. She was more than twice the size that Amy is now - Amy still seems so small! Tommy has just started to put on a bit more weight, and, at 2 years old (I think) he weighs 212g.

Back
Top Bottom