Good vibes for Kiwi please...

So she's still steadily going downhill. I take her to the vet again on Monday. Right now she's not moving around much at all in her vivarium and not wanting to eat. I think she might be having trouble swallowing. I haven't seen her eyes open in a few days. Her eyes aren't sunken in or swollen. She doesn't react much when I touch her. Her colors change slightly and her eyes move around a little while closed. What can I do to make her more comfortable. I've accepted that she'll probably die soon. 😔 I'm going out of the country for two weeks next week and I have a pet sitter without much reptile experience so I don't know if I can ask her to provide medical care. What do I do? 😓
Personally I think you are at the point of needing to decide on humane euthanasia. There is a lot going on with this girl and a lot of treatment that has been given. With her current condition and the fact that you are going out of town I think it would be cruel to have a pet sitter with no experience care for her. A dying chameleon is not something that someone without experience is going to be able to handle. It is hard enough on those that do have experience.

Not sure if maybe the mass is an impaction. But if it was then this very well could be why she is declining. Or it could be all the medication was hard on organ function. There are a lot of variables here.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss! You did absolutely everything for her, and I'm sure, on some level, she appreciated it! Let us know if we can do anything to help! ❤️

So sorry for your loss. You did more than most would for her and everyone here is so grateful that you gave Kiwi the best chance. ❤️

I’m so sorry! I’ve been through chameleon loss twice albeit 20 years ago but it still hurts! Kiwi will be greatly missed!

Back
Top Bottom