Good vibes for Kiwi please...

Faithan84

We're now up to over $1000 on vet bills. At our third visit in three months (I've had her for 6). There's been some improvement over the last two weeks, but we're upping the antibiotic shots to every day and doing nebulizer treatments. I'm just kind of heart broken and stressed over this little girl. I want her to get better. 😢
IMG_20210509_094953560_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_094953560_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210509_094953560_HDR.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 103
Sure thing. Hang in there.
<33333 positive energy sent your way - I imagine this has been very stressful for both you and her... I commend your dedication and the money you have spent!
I'm so sorry and am sending all the good vibes and hope your way!
I admire your devotion to your pretty lady. Sending all the good healing juju I can. 💗
Thank you all! ❤️❤️❤️
It has been SO stressful. The good news is she's getting better. The bad news is that the damage already done to her lungs will make her more susceptible to infections later. 🤕 😢 Over the next week we have nebulizer treatments twice a day and antibiotic shots once a day. I'm just happy that I had the money to cover today's bill. The rent may have to wait a few more days, but I'm trying my best! I'm thankful for this community because my family thinks I'm nuts.

Hey, I had a random thought I wanted to share with you - I apologize if you’re already doing this or if someone has already mentioned it to you but, maybe look into getting a muffin fan to place on top of your enclosure. It could help with ventilation and air circulation. I personally have a small one that I turn on from lights on to about 11:30 am when morning humidity levels are high.

Hey, I had a random thought I wanted to share with you - I apologize if you’re already doing this or if someone has already mentioned it to you but, maybe look into getting a muffin fan to place on top of your enclosure. It could help with ventilation and air circulation. I personally have a small one that I turn on from lights on to about 11:30 am when morning humidity levels are high.
I do have a small fan that I have on while fogging at night and in the afternoon. I'll try keeping it on for the morning. Thanks for the suggestion!

So... She isn't wheezing, gasping, or gaping, but she's closing her eyes during the day sometimes and sleeping early. 😕 I have two more antibiotic shots left to give her. I can't afford to take her to the vet again for the third time this month. Is it possible all the extra attention has just stressed her out so much she's exhausted? I don't know what to do. 😕

I do have a small fan that I have on while fogging at night and in the afternoon. I'll try keeping it on for the morning. Thanks for the suggestion!
late to this thread... Are you fogging in the afternoon or only at night when temps in the cage are below 67 degrees? I use a small pc fan on top of my hybrid as well. You want it so that it is sucking air up and out not blowing into the cage.

late to this thread... Are you fogging in the afternoon or only at night when temps in the cage are below 67 degrees? I use a small pc fan on top of my hybrid as well. You want it so that it is sucking air up and out not blowing into the cage.
Yeah, I could have worded it better. I only fog at night. I have the fan on in the afternoon because I do a short mist in the afternoon and I want to dry it out again. I started misting in the afternoon when I moved her to the new cage because I couldn't fit my dripper in the new setup and she was used to that. So my thought was that if she was thirsty during the day, it would be helpful for a short mist. I think right now the fan is blowing towards the cage and across the top, but at a very slight angle. I can figure out how to make it blow the other direction.

Visit #4 today. Her respiratory infection cleared up and her physical exam looks normal but now... 🤦‍♀️ A weird mass showed up on her x-rays near her stomach. The vet and assistant were stumped. It didn't show up on her last x-rays. They were unable to do blood work today, so I have to bring her in next week. They gave her fluids in office and I have to give her an oral antiinflammatory and bulk feeding for possible impaction. She was also doing some weird move where she'd kind of lean head first and lay down on her right side. She did this a couple times while in the office. Any ideas cham fam??!? 🤕😓
1.2.840.1136982021060510360297604.1869.jpg
1.2.840.1136982021060510301740009.1858.jpg

Last edited:
So she's still steadily going downhill. I take her to the vet again on Monday. Right now she's not moving around much at all in her vivarium and not wanting to eat. I think she might be having trouble swallowing. I haven't seen her eyes open in a few days. Her eyes aren't sunken in or swollen. She doesn't react much when I touch her. Her colors change slightly and her eyes move around a little while closed. What can I do to make her more comfortable. I've accepted that she'll probably die soon. 😔 I'm going out of the country for two weeks next week and I have a pet sitter without much reptile experience so I don't know if I can ask her to provide medical care. What do I do? 😓

Back
Top Bottom