Good things DO come to those who wait....

Malicious

Well.....

Some of you already know I met my better half online, about a 2 years ago. She being a college student, and living in Texas really put us both to the test. I never really thought a long distance relationship would or could work out for that duration of time.

We met each other playing a online 2d game called Maple Story... I don't usually play online games, but a friend told me to check it out, so I did and life hasn't been the same since. When I think of the people that are considered "gamers" I usually picture a pale zit faced kid lacking social skills, and certainly I did not expect to meet my girlfriend through an online game!

After a few months of in game chatting we graduated to phone chats.... and a few months after that I added her to my phone plan, to eliminate the overage issues with cell phones...etc. Yeah I like to talk.... Just ask Laurie... :D

So... we decided to try and make the long distance thing work. She was a college student, attending the University of Dallas in Texas, and was majoring in Music and Performing Arts. She is very involved in her church and leads the church's music program. She is a wonderful singer who also plays the piano. I knew she was a very dedicated, and goal oriented person who would really try to make it work, so we agreed to do just that!

The months slowly passed and we were both anxiously waiting for an opportunity to meet in person. Her college/work schedule, and my work schedule were often conflicting and made it difficult to set a real date. The holidays came and I felt so strong for this girl I had never met that I sent her a beautiful new piano, and a promise that soon our day would come to finally meet up.

A few more months down and I finally set a date, and we would meet up on Valentines day weekend. I sent her a ticket and made all the arrangements. It was going to be a short trip, due to school and work for us both, however I wasn't very concerned with the duration of the trip, just the fact that we needed to meet in person, to see if we both really felt as strong for each other as we hoped.

Well as the days approached I began to get nervous, and anxious, I was just hoping she was the girl I imagined after all this time... Her flight came in and I waited there at the airport, at the bottom of the escalator. I was sweating bullets, nervous, and excited all at the same time.. The passengers from her flight were starting to slowly come down the escalator, one by one I watched and waited.... 15 mins went by and I now saw the flight crew coming down the escalator. Where was Nessa? I began to feel my heart sink, and think to myself... Did she get on that plane or did she have a change of heart? A few moments later, my phone rings, and its Nessa. She’s in the bathroom and just hasn't made her way to the escalator yet... :rolleyes: I then see this 5'2" little Asian girl come smiling ear to ear, down the escalator! I wasted no time when she got to the bottom and swept her up and gave her a giant kiss! I could not believe after all this time she was finally here in my arms!:) We spent the next two days together, and everything was better then I every could have hoped for. The weekend had come to an end, and she returned to Texas with all intentions of coming back to stay. She planned to move to California to be with me, and finish her degree at Cal-State Fullerton, pursuing her singing/music career.

Several more months passed as she finished classes and worked extra hours in preparation for the move. The move date was set for July 20th, then was pushed back to August 20th due to money issues on her end. On August 17th she was in her car with her parents, and family driving to California! It was time to finally meet her parents, and have her here to stay!

She arrived on the 20th and took care of her school and dorm arrangements, while I planned for our families to finally meet. I planned to have them come to my house for a big summer BBQ. Everyone finally got to meet, and we all ate way too much, and laughed while we got to know one another. It was an awesome experience. Her parents drove back to Texas a few days later, knowing their daughter was in good hands.;)

I have spent just about everyday with her since the day she arrived, and can't believe how well everything has turned out. I am so madly in love with this girl, and she thinks the world of me...(imagine that.. :p) I could not be happier with the way things turned out, and am still in shock that she’s actually here and really MINE!:D *does lame dance moves*

So the I hope to be on here less and less as time goes on, seeing as I now have a life outside my chameleons again...(shhhh, don't tell Fonzie!) But it just makes you stop and think... I guess you can find love in strange places, and you really never know whats going to happen next??

I just might be looking for a few little tuxedos for Fonzie and El Dorado!

That is of coarse after Laurie meets her and I get the approval.... :D

Here is Nessa and I, I baked her a cake for her Birthday....(ya ya yah, Malicious can cook..;) )

Nessa and I with her family...

Last edited:
Wow awesome story. Really happy for you man. The internet has opened up new ways to meet new people, and its funny to hear the stories of how people meet online. Where would you be right now without Maple Story? But hey, now its time to get Nessa involved in chams, that way you'll spend MORE time on here.....right? :p. Best of wishes to you two

Thanks guys, She is actually really fond of the chameleons.

Oh yeah... get this... she tells me "baby... I think you should eat more, I would like it if you were a bit chubbier... I think it's cute, and I like squishable things!" :confused::eek:

She tells me I should eat more and gain a little weight... who's gf or wife tells them that??? Most are ridding their butts to go to the gym..etc! I knew this girl was a keeper!!:D

-Jay

Thats a cute story, i totally understand how you feel. We are lucky enough to have girls that like our chams. Congrats shes a def. QT and a KEEPER! that is soo cool that you guys met through maple story!

Oh yeah... get this... she tells me "baby... I think you should eat more, I would like it if you were a bit chubbier... I think it's cute, and I like squishable things!" :confused::eek:

She tells me I should eat more and gain a little weight... who's gf or wife tells them that??? Most are ridding their butts to go to the gym..etc! I knew this girl was a keeper!!:D

My wife told me that about 30 pounds ago... Never had this problem before the ol ball’n’chain, sure is easy to get it, not so much getting it to leave! :eek: :p

Ahhhhh!what a great story!thanks for sharing it....i have the strangest picture in my head of a mini tux:rolleyes::D P.S bet that cake was yummy!

Awww! Thats really nice mate, you both look really happy! Here's to long happy life together! Congrats to both of you! :)

HA HA HA priceless! i thought you had pluggs! i didnt know that was bluetooth!

same here.

Anyways i hope you 2 get to have an amazing life together forever. if she makes our Jay happy then shes a keeper. Jay your growing up so fast ;P lol
I never really belived in online dating games but i guess i shuld go try lol jk not now at least Congrats

What an amazing story (it actually brought tears to my eyes....). Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Just shows you what true love and commitment can do and it is very inspiring. I am so happy for you both!

Everyone loves a great love story!!! Have a friend that met the same way and she and her husband have been married 3 years now. They say they are soul mates. He was from California and she from Georgia. He ended up moving here to be with her. Bless you both, and best wishes.

I do love the pictures, you both seem to glow! It is great to see you so happy. Buttttttt as I have told you we will take this slowwwwwwwwww. I will be down in Nov to meet Nessa. No engagements, etc. prior to that. I love you so she has to be up to par. So far so good. Just think of the money you will have to spend on Nessa by not talking to me as much!:(

Also the bluetooth was the second thing I noticed, were you waiting for me to call? I gave you a day or two first so take off the bluetooth and let Nessa feel she is more important than any phone call you could possibly get. And she better be just that.

Congrats.:):)

What a great story and congratulations...all of my on line dates went running and screaming whenever we met. :rolleyes:

Hey man, that's awesome dude. I've done the long distance thing myself, so I know it ain't easy. But I also know how great it feels when you can finally see each other.

Ms. Laurie thinks very highly of you. You would be a smart man to wait for her visit before popping any questions. lol

Back
Top Bottom