Good online veiled breeders?

Reputable veiled breeders are hard to come by, besides who elizaann said, I don’t know of many more. Not recommending fl chams, lllreptile or underground reptiles. You could end up with a wild caught and they are no guarantee. You could check out morph market but be sure to read the listings specifically and research the seller before purchasing.

Reputable veiled breeders are hard to come by, besides who elizaann said, I don’t know of many more. Not recommending fl chams, lllreptile or underground reptiles. You could end up with a wild caught and they are no guarantee. You could check out morph market but be sure to read the listings specifically and research the seller before purchasing.
Thank you so much. I will look into them. Do you know anything about snakesatsunset?

Also, welcome to the forum! Stick around and share pics of your baby when you get one. We love pics. There’s a lot of great information here and a ton of helpful people! 😊

Do you have your enclosure all set up? One thought is you could reach out to Frams and see when they will have veileds again and just get your enclosure dialed in while you wait.

Also welcome :)

I do not know of anyone currently breeding veileds other than Framschams. I do not think they have any available now though.

I dunno if I would buy through morph market... I just looked at the link and frankly I would not buy a cham from someone that only specializes in snakes.
You have one listing and they do not even know how to determine gender. Which I can clearly tell what the gender is. They even say "Great chameleon for people who have not kept them before. This species is known for being a little more hardy and resilient to mistakes." I am sorry but them being resilient to mistakes is an unfair thing people say... And in reality Veileds are the ones most commonly killed off because of this line of thinking.
Then you have someone else selling hatchlings. Babies should be a minimum of 3 months old before being sold.

I would contact framschams and find out when they expect to have another clutch available if they are still breeding them.

I do not have the same issue as others with buying from a big box store... I have bought two there and both were healthy and without parasites. Your key to this is finding out when they got them in. You do not want one that has been there for months too high of risk for MBD.

I wanted to say, in searching for a veiled they could check their local pet store but wasn’t sure about the back lash from it as a referral lol, but I to do believe if you can’t find a reputable breeder the next thing would be the pet store because sometimes they have some background on the animal in some aspects.
This way too you get to see the condition of the chameleon you’re getting ahead of time.

I’m seeing very mixed reviews about them. Id love to get one from frams chams but they aren’t currently selling veileds:(
We ordered a male juvenile veiled Driskel from FLChams on Aug 11. We spoke with them yesterday and our little guy is arriving this Tuesday. I didn't want to risk getting wild caught either which is why we chose to get a "premium" one with a lineage. I honestly don't know what all that *really* means but I'm choosing to look at it at face value, haha. They are still selling them (or at least their website shows availability). Will let you know how everything goes when he gets here (so excited for Tuesday!!!).

I wanted to say, in searching for a veiled they could check their local pet store but wasn’t sure about the back lash from it as a referral lol, but I to do believe if you can’t find a reputable breeder the next thing would be the pet store because sometimes they have some background on the animal in some aspects.
This way too you get to see the condition of the chameleon you’re getting ahead of time.
This is honestly not always a bad thing... But when people bring home a sick baby that has been sitting there in a tiny incorrect cage they run into issues. Both my boys I got within the first week of them being at Petco. They were active, alert, good color, full eye turrets.

We ordered a male juvenile veiled Driskel from FLChams on Aug 11. We spoke with them yesterday and our little guy is arriving this Tuesday. I didn't want to risk getting wild caught either which is why we chose to get a "premium" one with a lineage. I honestly don't know what all that *really* means but I'm choosing to look at it at face value, haha. They are still selling them (or at least their website shows availability). Will let you know how everything goes when he gets here (so excited for Tuesday!!!).
Get a fecal sample taken in as soon as you get this baby. If you use the search bar on the forum for FLChams it will tell you why. And make sure you have us confirm gender. They do not always send the gender or age purchased.

We've been visiting pet stores here to see if they have veiled chams - the poor things have such awful enclosures and are so terrified. I feel so bad for them. The one I saw the other day had a bendy vine, a water bowl (?!) one hard plastic plant. The enclosure was on an end cap (heaviest traffic) across from a bird cage. smh - I'm new at this and even I know just how screwed up that is. They told me that the female veiled in there was brought back after a family purchased for their son and he was scared of her (probably had been reaching in to grab it). poor little girl - hope she finds a patient (and knowledgeable) parent.

Get a fecal sample taken in as soon as you get this baby. If you use the search bar on the forum for FLChams it will tell you why. And make sure you have us confirm gender. They do not always send the gender or age purchased.
yes, we found an exotic vet close by and will be taking care of that. Will be verifying gender as soon as we unpack. Hoping and praying this all goes well. Will probably post about him when he arrives (with husbandry info) just to see if you all see anything based on how he looks. How can we already be so attached to our little fella before we even meet him?

yes, we found an exotic vet close by and will be taking care of that. Will be verifying gender as soon as we unpack. Hoping and praying this all goes well. Will probably post about him when he arrives (with husbandry info) just to see if you all see anything based on how he looks. How can we already be so attached to our little fella before we even meet him?
Good make sure the fecal sample is run asap. I know a few situations with this business and hopefully they have improved things but just in case I want to make sure you know this is super important due to where you ordered from.

Post a thread with husbandry and images of everything including baby and cage.

And this hobby is surprising because of how attached you can become to these little creatures. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom