Good enough air flow?

haydenm14

hey everyone, just wanting to see some feedback if anyone thinks my enclosure has good enough air flow. Below is a picture of the side of my enclosure. I built a door on each side on it with screen in the middle. Then the top is entirely screen. Thoughts? Don’t hold back if you have any problems.

Thanks again,
Hayden mclellan

Attachments

• F00D256E-5077-4046-8167-84ADB705A096.jpeg
    F00D256E-5077-4046-8167-84ADB705A096.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 96
hey everyone, just wanting to see some feedback if anyone thinks my enclosure has good enough air flow. Below is a picture of the side of my enclosure. I built a door on each side on it with screen in the middle. Then the top is entirely screen. Thoughts? Don’t hold back if you have any problems.

Thanks again,
Hayden mclellan

What species are you keeping? What sort of plants will you have in that cage? What is the "climate" in the room like? The reason I ask is that you could end up needing to humidify the cage more at some point. You do plan on using a good digital humidity gauge right? This will tell you how well the cage will hold moisture or lose it.

Maybe one more screen side. Humidity is good but If your cham breathes in water droplets from the air it can cause a respiratory infection. More airflow and a ton of misting does the trick. Humidity stays relatively high and a lower amount of droplets will be present. I'm not an expert though so I suggest you wait for some other people to reply too. It also depends on the species.

What species are you keeping? What sort of plants will you have in that cage? What is the "climate" in the room like? The reason I ask is that you could end up needing to humidify the cage more at some point. You do plan on using a good digital humidity gauge right? This will tell you how well the cage will hold moisture or lose it.
. Panther. Plan to get a umbrella soon. My room is about 69-70 daily with humidity probably around 40% around my house. I have done a couple test runs with the enclosure and the humidity stays around 50 but goes up to 65%.

Maybe one more screen side. Humidity is good but If your cham breathes in water droplets from the air it can cause a respiratory infection. More airflow and a ton of misting does the trick. Humidity stays relatively high and a lower amount of droplets will be present. I'm not an expert though so I suggest you wait for some other people to reply too. It also depends on the species.
IMHO, "droplets" in the air are not really the problem unless they are large enough that a tiny baby aspirates them. After all, humid air has water droplets in it...they are just very tiny; vapor. What you want to avoid is stagnant or soiled water vapor that doesn't circulate or exchange between the cage and the room outside it.

. Panther. Plan to get a umbrella soon. My room is about 69-70 daily with humidity probably around 40% around my house. I have done a couple test runs with the enclosure and the humidity stays around 50 but goes up to 65%.
Once you get the cham under your daily lighting and misting schedule keep watching the humidity level. It will probably change, but if you are watching, you will detect it. Also, the humidity level in the ROOM will probably change with the seasons if you have to heat in winter or use an AC in summer (both tend to dry the air out more). Its easy to add a sheet of plastic or shower curtain on the side(s) of your screen cage if necessary.

IMHO, "droplets" in the air are not really the problem unless they are large enough that a tiny baby aspirates them. After all, humid air has water droplets in it...they are just very tiny; vapor. What you want to avoid is stagnant or soiled water vapor that doesn't circulate or exchange between the cage and the room outside it.
. So then I think I’ll be fine because the only water that stays around is the little drops on the leaves and branches until they evaporate.

Just to let you guys know, today I’m calling kammerflage kreations to make sure that the cham I want is still available. If so I will be ordering my cham thursday or Friday

Back
Top Bottom