Will he be able to climb on top of this enclosure?

ChameLeon_

Heyy again! So, I'm finishing up slowly my DIY enclosure (finally 😎) and I've come to this question. Will he be able to climb from side to top screen? The top is from 2 pieces as i ran out of screen almost, and isn't joined together in the middle at the moment. I'm considering leaving it like this, since it's strong enough to hold lamps and all, but he would be able to get caught in the gap he would create by his weight on one part of the mesh if you know what i mean. The gap between sides and top is fairly large, about 10-15cm and also a bit to sides as there are wood pieces holding the mesh as you can see on picture. Would he be able to climb through this as well? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20230217_153909.jpg
    IMG_20230217_153909.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 47
They are able to stretch and reach all sorts of things that I would not expect. I would go ahead and replace the top screen panel just to ensure there are not issues if he gets up there.

They are able to stretch and reach all sorts of things that I would not expect. I would go ahead and replace the top screen panel just to ensure there are not issues if he gets up there.
I planned on joining the two pieces in the middle by a 3d printed strip, so they hold together tightly, but yes thank you for confirming that!

Just try not to make it too large. You want the UVB lights to be unobstructed.
Yess it will be a thin strip, max 1cm wide and long through whole screen lenght, and UVB will go perpendicularly through it so it won't block too much hopefully?

Yess it will be a thin strip, max 1cm wide and long through whole screen lenght, and UVB will go perpendicularly through it so it won't block too much hopefully?
Oh you should be fine then. :) They are quite good at getting places they want to get to lol. I have my cage set up with a 9 inch drop to basking and solid sides. You would think Beman wouldn't be able to get to the screen top. NOPE as soon as his hibiscus gets tall enough he climbs it to get right on the lights. And then I go through cutting back the plant again. So I have learned to never under estimate him lol

Oh you should be fine then. :) They are quite good at getting places they want to get to lol. I have my cage set up with a 9 inch drop to basking and solid sides. You would think Beman wouldn't be able to get to the screen top. NOPE as soon as his hibiscus gets tall enough he climbs it to get right on the lights. And then I go through cutting back the plant again. So I have learned to never under estimate him lol
Hah thank you a lot for help! 😅 I'll soon post a finished picture after a year of planning and few months of building!

Back
Top Bottom