Fogging flow

naterowley

Established Member
Hi friends,
When running your fog overnight, where do have your fog go? Down the middle? On to a plant? I feel like down the middle in my setup, it doesn’t give much way for the fog to settle and disperse throughout and really get that high humidity overnight? Down the middle seems to just flow out the bottom pretty fast as well.

Would love to hear what everyone else does or your thoughts on it!

Screen cage, hybrid conversion, acrylic door, open bottom 1ft and top open.
IMG_7259.jpeg

Hi friends,
When running your fog overnight, where do have your fog go? Down the middle? On to a plant? I feel like down the middle in my setup, it doesn’t give much way for the fog to settle and disperse throughout and really get that high humidity overnight? Down the middle seems to just flow out the bottom pretty fast as well.

View attachment 350949
btw one pretty sleeping Dax:love:

I attached 3/4in pvc pipe with multiple holes drilled in a straight line and a cap on the other end to the humidifier. The fog will also condense in the pipe and drip out of the holes into the enclosure which provides early morning drinking.

Attachments

• 20230516_085916.jpg
    20230516_085916.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi friends,

View attachment 350949
I have mine aimed downward on angle so the fog drifts along the plants

I attached 3/4in pvc pipe with multiple holes drilled in a straight line and a cap on the other end to the humidifier. The fog will also condense in the pipe and drip out of the holes into the enclosure which provides early morning drinking.
Exactly the same way I’ve done it 👍🏻

I find if i fog through the screen, it condenses the fog into "rain" by a good amount. So i fog directly from the tube into the side towards the top.

Hi friends,

View attachment 350949

My fogger goes down near the middle. I purposely have it specifically hit the large pothos in the middle of the enclosure. Some of it bounces off of that plant, and goes towards my chameleon (I do it on an angle), but the majority of the fog does NOT hit my chameleon directly (I'm paranoid about him getting sick and the levels are monitored at all times, so I know he's specifically getting what he needs out of it.).

I see a lot of people just either fogging their chameleons directly (And they may need to depending on their situation), just fogging into the enclosure without direction, or trying to fog the entire thing.

These methods all seem to work in different situations. For me, I look at it as just simply raising the humidity, indirectly. So the fog is going into the big pothos, and that in return, is helping raise the humidity. Because remember, your humidity is always gonna be at it's highest where the plants are.

So to me it's "safe" (again I am paranoid) to simply fog the plant(s) specifically, and then have your chameleon simply benefit from the humidity where he's sleeping. I simply place a thermo/hygrometer just a little under the branch he sleeps and that's how I test everything. It's been working great so far. I've had him since the end of July and he's about 10 months old now. Only thing I've really changed, is I've added more spray nozzels and put some on the right side of his enclosure as well. And I upgraded the misting system so I don't have to add water daily.

thumbnail.jpg

That’s an awesome idea and I might steal it! 🥸

When he has a regular sleeping spot, I would put the hose directly above him. If not, you can move every night above him or you can make fog curtain and I made it like this https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/fogger-tube-modification.181357/
I have that same fogger! Thanks for the link too! I will look in to, Dax's sleeping spot has been that pretty much the whole time except for one night he slept in his pothos :)

I'm sure I will do this because I love me a project, does everyone like 3/4inch pipe? Anything anyone would've changed AFTER doing one of these?

I have that same fogger! Thanks for the link too! I will look in to, Dax's sleeping spot has been that pretty much the whole time except for one night he slept in his pothos :)

I'm sure I will do this because I love me a project, does everyone like 3/4inch pipe? Anything anyone would've changed AFTER doing one of these?
3/4 is what fits perfectly to the humidifier. I think on my next one instead of drilling holes I might try like half or one inch slots.

Attachments

• 20220706_094045.jpg
    20220706_094045.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom