Good Designs For a drainage system?

Hi Reptoman,

Can you give me a quick update if you can on this drain table please?. I want to buy the materials this weekend and want to buy the right things. The PVC liner, is that a solid piece or does it come in a role and you just stapled it on top of the table and put he drain in the center? Or can anyone else elaborate on this please I would much appreciate it.

He has not been active for a year and a half, this is an old thread (y)

I see how he did it. There is no table top, except for the 1" pvc pipe. Under the pipe he has a waterproof membrane, like what pond liners are made of. Pic #2 shows how he mounted the drain. The drain is a few inches below the top edge, as depicted. The drain being centered and below the top edge forms a funnel. Hope that helps.
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking as well. Thank you for the extra help I just wanted to be sure before I go out and spend the money. A couple more things if you can help clarify a little more please. How do you secure the drain over a flimsy sheet of PVC liner? Can you use water proof silicone to adhere it to the liner or will I need something stronger like loctite or something?

A
Looks like 2x4 for the legs and 1x4 for the sides and bottom pieces.
This is so helpful thank you. And what do you think he used for the underneath drain portion? Its kinda blurry and cant tell what components he used. It looks as if he cut hole in that cross bar and then connected a hose to the drain through the hole and then bolted it down with something but I cant tell exactly.

The drain in threaded with a large nut to hold it secure to the wood. Looks like he used a washing machine drain hose attached to the drain.
chrome-glacier-bay-drains-drain-parts-89463-64_400_compressed.jpg

Cut a hole in the pvc liner, the flange will cover it. Use 100% clear silicone to seal it up.
PERFECT! You are a life saver. Thank you so much. Do you happen to know the name of this exact drain you posted above? Wondering if home Depot sells them.

You are welcome, I'm glad to help. I got the image from Home depot website (y)
Thank you so much again. I have had my cham for almost two years and my drainage system is not very good and really messy. This will be much better, especially for two enclosures.

I got a shower liner and a drain and secured the liner to the wood with a little bit of slack so when I gut a hole and put the drain in it slopes down to the drain and put vinyl fence with large holes over it and it all drains through the fence to the shower liner and runs down the shower liner to the drain then to a five gallon bucket

Here's my drainage... drilled small holes on the floor and placed on top of shelving unit with rubbermaid container underneath. The shelving unit was $30 at Kmart.

full

full

This has got to be the simplest, most effective system I’ve seen!

If you’d handy, I made a stand for a dragon strand cage. It’s simple as well, drilled a hole thru it and put a garden hose fastener on it with a bucket underneath.

I run tons of water through there and empty the bucket about every week and a half.

Attachments

• EE70BEF8-90D6-475E-8D64-93D29FBA4C0C.jpeg
    EE70BEF8-90D6-475E-8D64-93D29FBA4C0C.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 48137384-3446-4202-950B-E8CE4130A409.jpeg
    48137384-3446-4202-950B-E8CE4130A409.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 14FDF6D9-BFC0-440D-BEE1-54D620ABB4E6.jpeg
    14FDF6D9-BFC0-440D-BEE1-54D620ABB4E6.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom