Good and bad news

Manslayer

Hello again guys, after the last post I've searched alot to learn more about my chameleon but it did not help me identify the problem it has. let me start with my bad news, the vets in my country do not treat lizards plus its apatite started to decrease alot! :/ and the both good and bad news is that he started shedding but the black spots did not disappear. now my really worried about my chameleon i really like it :/

Hmmm... usually the black spots mean he;s stressed, so maybe he's stressed, and find any reptile vet that is close to you even if its 20 to 50 miles away!

well im sad to hear about the vets in your country. that kinda leaves you at a stalemate. youl just have to eitehr diagnose yourself or put up pictures on a thread so we can look at it.

I already posted Pic about it and i even tried to give it back to the market but the market i bought it from is like Purchased goods cannot be returned :mad: yep its crazy. But I heard that when chameleon changes its color and hiss at you means it healthy, because few days back he saw my phone and behaved in a way that you would think that the phone is attacking it. anyway :p this is my chameleon "Mr. Lizard" I called him

https://www.chameleonforums.com/black-spots-33437/

Hmmm... usually the black spots mean he;s stressed, so maybe he's stressed, and find any reptile vet that is close to you even if its 20 to 50 miles away!

Well its not a black spots as a color its as a skin hard skin, I'm still searching for a reptile vet, the normal vets refused to treat it. ill find one sooner or later:)

Keep searching! I'm sure you'll find one. Thats terrible that they sold you a sick chameleon and wont take it back! Has Mr. Lizard shed yet?

Keep searching! I'm sure you'll find one. Thats terrible that they sold you a sick chameleon and wont take it back! Has Mr. Lizard shed yet?
Yes ! for the first time :D im so happy hehehe here is a pic

Attachments

• IMG00209-20091222-2158.jpg
    IMG00209-20091222-2158.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 151
The balck stuff didn't come off with it?

nope it actually shed in some spots with the black spots but the black spots didnt come off :/ it stayed.
ah i was really exited when i got it :p that's why i didn't research before getting it, now im really disappointed and feel sorry for the poor thing. imagine when i got it the guy i took it from didn't feed it for 1 week he said he don't know what to feed them and he put a bowl of water inside like its a cat or dog :mad: tmw ill search for reptile vet and ill let all of you know whats going to happen

Has he ever had little "blisters" on him?

Is he eating and alert all day?

Nope for the blisters
yea he does eat and pretty picky with the food :p
what do you mean by alert all day? if you mean he is awake yea he is he'll move all around his cage .

I have a question does the temp of the cage does anything with him refusing to eat sometime ? the temp reaches 85 F sometimes

:D:DGOOOOOOOOOOOOD NEWS! i found reptile Vet whew after calling 7 vets one of them give a reptile vet finally ill get him there ^^ :D:D

poor thing :( can u report the guy who sold you cameleon? some people just should not be able breed pets mayb they should have a license to breed to ensure the health is maintained and they are well looked after till point of sale.
Im like you if i brought a sick one i wouldnt give up id try a get it well i mean it may be a pain and costly but i couldnt forgive myself for give the cameleon back after the condition you recieved it in. Good luck and i hope it gets well soon x x x

poor thing :( can u report the guy who sold you cameleon? some people just should not be able breed pets mayb they should have a license to breed to ensure the health is maintained and they are well looked after till point of sale.
Im like you if i brought a sick one i wouldnt give up id try a get it well i mean it may be a pain and costly but i couldnt forgive myself for give the cameleon back after the condition you recieved it in. Good luck and i hope it gets well soon x x x
Thanks i hope so too ^^

What's the warmest temperature in the cage during the daytime? Is this the normal temperature or hotter or colder?

Where is the cage? Near a window? Near a fan or airconditioner or other moving air?

Is it a screen cage?

The temperature could have something to do with it...but 85 isn't hot. Cooler temperatures can slow down the digestion and might affect the appetite.

If you fill in this it might help...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

The Cage Temp is between 80-85 F in day and 75-80 F in night
I only have 1 type of light Pet store gave me he told me its UV light its Red 75wat bulb

the problem now im facing it to feed him :/ he refuse everything
he only want crickets and its really hard to catch :p Pet store does not sell them here, he refused wax worms which is all i can offer plus flies but he might eat one only.
otherwise he is look healthy :) i guess, well idk, i was cleaning the cage today and it hissed at me and tried to bite me hand off -.-; yea it became aggressive when he started shedding.
im building new cage for it H 1.5m, L .5m, W .5m the one hes in is really small and only temporary

You said..."I only have 1 type of light Pet store gave me he told me its UV light its Red 75wat bulb"...what brand and type (spiral, long linear, compact, etc.) bulb is it?

You said he refuses to eat...is he alert (not asleep in the daytime)?
Is he pooping?

You said..."I only have 1 type of light Pet store gave me he told me its UV light its Red 75wat bulb"...what brand and type (spiral, long linear, compact, etc.) bulb is it?

You said he refuses to eat...is he alert (not asleep in the daytime)?
Is he pooping?

The brand i dont know to be honest threw the box but the bulb type is spot bulb.

actually that u mentioned it, today i noticed him sleeping daytime but as i came near the cage he opened his eyes slightly and kept staring at me. I opened cage to pick up uneaten worms (escaped) he got aggressive grew big and became very dark green with no spots but white stripe. "yes hes pooping black pop and white stuff" but now no poop only white stuff is it normal ?

Do you have a substrate in the cage? Its not good that there is no brown part, but if he's not eating he wouldn't be pooping.

yea there was substrate wooden tiny stuff then i removed it when it attempted to eat it -.-; now no substrate and i clean it everyday

Back
Top Bottom