golden pothos (epipremnum aureum)for chameleon cage

Fate X

is a golden pothos safe for a chameleon cage ?will the chameleon get sick if it eats it? i plan to wash it n leach out whatever pesticides might be in it first before i place it inside the cage.

It will be fine. Pothos contain small amounts of toxins and any healthy chameleon that may nibble on a leaf will not have a problem. Keep in mind that chameleons live in toxic plants in the wild.

repot...

Fate X said:
i plan to wash it n leach out whatever pesticides might be in it first before i place it inside the cage.

besides washing the leaves well (dish soap and water will do), you should repot in clean (new) pot with fresh, clean soil, too.

impossible to re-pot it in new soil cause theres to many roots.it would most likely die. don't you think washing the foliage n leaching the soil for 3-4 weeks would remove any lethal pesticides?
because the plant is awesome its spherical n very bushy it was a deal for $9.99 i have it sitting above a tray so it don't re-absorb the water that drains from it.

i tried repotting a hibiscis half of it ended up dead, i removed most of the soil from a dwarf schefflera and split it into 2 plants one died and the other
one half of it died ,now theres not much left of it ,it will take a while for it to get bushy again.
i just remove some of the soil and add some fresh soil n pot in in a bigger pot and wait few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom