golden pothos (epipremnum aureum)for chameleon cage

Fate X

is a golden pothos safe for a chameleon cage ?will the chameleon get sick if it eats it? i plan to wash it n leach out whatever pesticides might be in it first before i place it inside the cage.

It will be fine. Pothos contain small amounts of toxins and any healthy chameleon that may nibble on a leaf will not have a problem. Keep in mind that chameleons live in toxic plants in the wild.

lele

Avid Member
repot...

Fate X said:
i plan to wash it n leach out whatever pesticides might be in it first before i place it inside the cage.
besides washing the leaves well (dish soap and water will do), you should repot in clean (new) pot with fresh, clean soil, too.

Fate X

impossible to re-pot it in new soil cause theres to many roots.it would most likely die. don't you think washing the foliage n leaching the soil for 3-4 weeks would remove any lethal pesticides?
because the plant is awesome its spherical n very bushy it was a deal for $9.99 i have it sitting above a tray so it don't re-absorb the water that drains from it.

i tried repotting a hibiscis half of it ended up dead, i removed most of the soil from a dwarf schefflera and split it into 2 plants one died and the other
one half of it died ,now theres not much left of it ,it will take a while for it to get bushy again.
i just remove some of the soil and add some fresh soil n pot in in a bigger pot and wait few weeks.

Top Bottom