Going to the Vet

Oxytocin can work well if it's given at the right time...and I'm sorry but I'm not a vet and can't tel you when the right time would be.
Is she getting enough calcium?

All her feeders are lightly dusted with Repashy Calcium Plus LoD. I also sometimes feed Butterworms as treats -- I realize that is not recommended by the forum but she has had them since a small one and never showed any adverse reactions.

All her feeders are lightly dusted with Repashy Calcium Plus LoD. I also sometimes feed Butterworms as treats -- I realize that is not recommended by the forum but she has had them since a small one and never showed any adverse reactions.
This is mona’s first or sec clutch ?

No it was almost exactly a year ago and what do you mean "go out at all?"
Out side sunlight . Ive seen a few with sec clutch being winter having a much longer period for laying . First clutch being in the spring . It makes me wonder if the difference is nature versus synthetic . With Mona there’s no connection .

Out side sunlight . Ive seen a few with sec clutch being winter having a much longer period for laying . First clutch being in the spring . It makes me wonder if the difference is nature versus synthetic . With Mona there’s no connection .
Oh, yeah no outside time. I'm gonna keep monitoring the situation, possibly take her in for Oxycontin if needed.

Hello. Long time since I've posted an update. Also a bad keeper update.

Mona did lay. Actually about a month or more ago now. Looking back, I believe she layed in two "batches." I found 50 eggs tucked away at the very bottom. F I F T Y. This is more than double the amount she layed last time.

Just glad she layed! Both time she's been gravid I think to myself "nope. never again. why do I get females this is so stressful" and both times everything was cool minus the giant clutch.

For reference -- I feed Mona 3-4 medium feeders 2-3 times per week. Basking is set at 83 and fluctuates between 80-83. Today I lowered the basking to 81.

Thanks forums for all the support and care! love ya'll!

Hello. Long time since I've posted an update. Also a bad keeper update.

Mona did lay. Actually about a month or more ago now. Looking back, I believe she layed in two "batches." I found 50 eggs tucked away at the very bottom. F I F T Y. This is more than double the amount she layed last time.

Just glad she layed! Both time she's been gravid I think to myself "nope. never again. why do I get females this is so stressful" and both times everything was cool minus the giant clutch.

For reference -- I feed Mona 3-4 medium feeders 2-3 times per week. Basking is set at 83 and fluctuates between 80-83. Today I lowered the basking to 81.

Thanks forums for all the support and care! love ya'll!
I keep my girls at 79 I’ve not ever seen this recommended however it works for us . When hot (summer) I bring them out early am or later day for a few hours to ensure temps are below 80 with shade . Phoeb’s is 2 years 5 months and has never laid , clelia is same age laid one with in a weeks of picking her up , Frances laid 2 small clutch’s in 4 years , patience never laid . She was a year and a 1/2 when we lost her . Maybe this is helpful I’m not sure . Some climates would not allow such temps possibly .

Back
Top Bottom