Going to the Vet

She first starting digging on the 1st. She has been consistently digging every day. She will stop to bask -- her enclosure is covered the bottom half. She wanted to eat 3 days ago and has not eaten since. There are silks with a little chow in her feeder cup. I am very concerned and Wednesday she will be taking Coza's vet appointment -- which I had to make weeks ago.

I think it is better to be safe then sorry. If she is not digging on vet day then take her in and see what is going on with her eggs. This is her first laying right? Hopefully she will go ahead and just lay and ease your mind.

I think it is better to be safe then sorry. If she is not digging on vet day then take her in and see what is going on with her eggs. This is her first laying right? Hopefully she will go ahead and just lay and ease your mind.
This is her second lay. First one was almost exactly a year ago.

I'm hoping she lays the eggs before you take her to the vet. Although taking her is a good thing it's also a bad time to have to do it when she's still in the digging mode. It can throw her off. Sigh...they don't make life easy for us! Good luck!

I'm hoping she lays the eggs before you take her to the vet. Although taking her is a good thing it's also a bad time to have to do it when she's still in the digging mode. It can throw her off. Sigh...they don't make life easy for us! Good luck!
The replies have already eased my minds tad. I do not want to interrupt her dighing but balancing the concern... ugh.

I hope Coza doesn't give you this much stress when its her time to have eggs.
Monas first lay was easy peasy. I'll probably freak out at all lays. Kinyonga made me feel better in that as long as she is digging we are still ok. If she stops without laying I'll be concerned again.

Back
Top Bottom