Going to Madagascar (Kianjavato)

Greetings! I recently applied and was accepted to monitor a couple lemur species in the Kianjavato commune of SE Madagascar. This is a part of the Madagascar Biodiversity Project at the Henry Doorly Zoo. I was hoping to go to some other nearby areas if possible to explore. What would you recommend that is not too far away? I will be there for 3 months and I'll be free on the weekends.

I won't be going until July of 2017 after I graduate, so I have plenty of time to do some research. I thought I would check here to see if anybody has been around this area. I'm curious if there are chameleons to be found in this region. Thanks for any suggestions!

Li

Greetings! I recently applied and was accepted to monitor a couple lemur species in the Kianjavato commune of SE Madagascar. This is a part of the Madagascar Biodiversity Project at the Henry Doorly Zoo. I was hoping to go to some other nearby areas if possible to explore. What would you recommend that is not too far away? I will be there for 3 months and I'll be free on the weekends.

I won't be going until July of 2017 after I graduate, so I have plenty of time to do some research. I thought I would check here to see if anybody has been around this area. I'm curious if there are chameleons to be found in this region. Thanks for any suggestions!

Li

I know @jannb has taken a trip there and has tons of great pics here on the forums. You could check out some of her recent trip and see what areas she visited. I am so jealous!!! I would love to hang out in the jungles with some lemurs.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody had any advice with booking a flight. I live in Nebraska, and am trying to find the cheapest flight possible for Antanarivo at the end of July.

Thanks for any feedback. I really appreciate it!

Li

i always look on skyscanner.com for prices of tickets... If you're a bit flexible in your departure and return dates you can save quite some money.

Back
Top Bottom