Going full out no-safety-net

I should probably expand on that so I don’t get any new keepers in trouble. Uvi at the many basking branches ranges from 2-7. Tons of live plants in upper half of cage giving partial to no uvb exposure. Supplementing with earth pro a. Also, rather than doing the calmag every 4 days, I just mixed the calmag with the earth pro a at a rate of 3parts earth pro: 1part calmag

Pictures?!!! Lol!! How exciting! Hope all goes well and looking forward to the updates :)
So below are the three cages. Obviously they’re not their permanent homes, but as the babies are only 2”-3” total length, it’ll work for the winter. They’ll each get their own 4x4x6 in the spring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 105
Nice, so pretty much starting from scratch as babes. Males/females? Are they in a green house? I noticed the top of the pic looks different.

Edit: Are you keeping your current gutload regiment or adding extra stuff?

I’m just trying to go no fat solubles. I’ve heard that panthers do not convert beta carotene to retinol, but there must be some method whereby chams get their A. And it can’t just be from the occasional vertebrate, because Brookesia, for instance, couldn’t do it. I’ve heard that snails have both D3 and A, but I have a suspicion that there are some carotenoids that can be converted by our chams. Again, this is just an experiment, and I’ll be working close with my vet. All three are booked for bloodwork in January to check levels. I’d do it now, but they’re pretty small. I make no claim whatsoever about the merits or dangers of this program, but I thought I’d like to generate a datum.

I’m just trying to go no fat solubles. I’ve heard that panthers do not convert beta carotene to retinol, but there must be some method whereby chams get their A. And it can’t just be from the occasional vertebrate, because Brookesia, for instance, couldn’t do it. I’ve heard that snails have both D3 and A, but I have a suspicion that there are some carotenoids that can be converted by our chams. Again, this is just an experiment, and I’ll be working close with my vet. All three are booked for bloodwork in January to check levels. I’d do it now, but they’re pretty small. I make no claim whatsoever about the merits or dangers of this program, but I thought I’d like to generate a datum.

Very cool man, let us know.

Could it be that they're simply born with enough A to get them through their short lifespans? No idea, just guessing.

24x12x7 high. But I’m out of room already. Extension goes on this spring. Going to add 2 divided 10x10 sides that are separately temp controlled via thermostatically controlled fan. This for the (future) montagnes and any that require brumation.

Back
Top Bottom