Glass Terrarium?

jarrodmeyer

I have the large/tall ZOO MED glass terrarium, and have a Jackson. I spared no expense on the mister, lamps, foliage, etc. I have read many posts about having open air, and watched many videos to the same effect. I understand the need to keep air from becoming stagnant. To combat this, I have added small computer fans to the mesh screen on the top that don't produce a breeze, but do keep the air moving ever so slightly. The temps are maintained, and he seems to be in very good spirits. He's eating, and climbing and basking like a champ. What I would like to know, is if anyone else uses glass enclosures and has no problems, just to reasure me. I would have gotten the mesh enclosure if the pet store had one, but alas, they did not. Any info I can get from someone with experience in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I've kept many Chams over the past 10 years in a two sided glass enclosure (from and back) and three sides mesh (sides and top). Never had an issue.

I have exo terra glass enclosure and my veiled is flyin. There is ventilation at the bottom half which the heat draws in fresh air and the stagnant air rises out the top of mesh top. Have read many threads bout this and everyone who uses them never has anythn bad to say. The only thing is ur drainage u need to come up with away to drain the water from ur dripper. I have a plant pot which I have a a plastic plant in and rocks so cham can't get to water and the water drips into that. I use aquarium tubing to syphon the water out the pot every couple days. Works great.

Glass enlosers for Chams is big over seas. I personally haven't done it yet, but some of the Chams I will aquire will be in terrariums, I don't see a problem with them.

Sounds like you have an AWESOME set up!!!

Thanks for the reassurance! As for the water drainage, it evaporates quickly enough that it doesn't puddle, so i think I just need to put a real plant to soak that stuff up. I'm still new at this. I got him a week ago, and it seems like I'm running to petsmart everyday for something new.

LOL, know the feeling about constantly buying stuff:D My wife and I can't believe all the stuff we are buying that we used to have, but donated or threw away years ago. Seems to never end...

We have aquired 3 panthers in a 2 week stretch and I gotta have all the toys! My wife says I'm obsessive...

Its a Cham thing-lol

I just bought a 12x12x18" exo terra tank for my three jacksons babies and it came with everything, fake plant, large jungle vine, fake rock background, small rock dish, a couple of fake plants that stick on the side, thermometer, hydromete, compact uva lamp (no bulb) and best of all, a brick of plantation soil. Ive had it for about three weeks now and the chams seem to be living it up in there, happy and content from the time the light comes on, climbing up everywhere and constantly hunting every fruit fly and pinhead crick that I throw in there. Best thing I could have bought for them instead of the all mesh cage that I got for them. Plus the sales man suggested that once, if ever, the water gets to high all I have to do is use a turkey baster into one of the corners and suck out the excess water.

I have read that thread before its a excellent post proving glass enclosures are good for chams.

Also with ur real plant you get after a couple days of water dripping into it it will eventually over flow.
That's y I went for the empty pot wit a few rocks in and jus suck water out through some tubing.
It's trail and error anyway u find some ways work and some don't just try different things.
Be sure to let me know of any new ways to drain water u might think of.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364606439.086458.jpg
A pic of my set up

Back
Top Bottom