Panther or yemen encolsure

It could work... Due to it having a wider format it makes up for the shorter height. Where the issue may lie is the fact that it is only 17 inches deep and the recommended depth is 24 inch. This is due to total length of chameleon. Male Veileds and Panthers can easily reach 17 inches in total length.

The mesh on the sides will allow for airflow. Where you will run into issues is drainage on the bottom. You do not want sitting water. You can do things to fix this but it is something to consider with a cage like this. This cage is similar to the one in this thread... I gave the OP an option to correct the sitting water in the bottom. https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-mold-growth-in-bare-bottom-enclosure.189995/
Another option is drilling through the bottom and plumbing it with pvc pipe drainage. If you have the ability to do so this is going to be far easier as you can have a bucket it drains into to dump rather than having to wet vac.

Hi ah ok that makes sense, see the thing in the UK is its very humid, my house humidity is around 40-60%, I'll have to check my room that it's going to be in but this is roughly how much it is. Would it still be a problem if I'm spraying down the cage 3 or 4 times a day for hydration. I think I will still try to make a drainage solution.

Hi, I want a chemelon, am new to reptiles, I am curious as to this enclosure is suitable as I don't see a mesh enclosure working in the UK. I understand the reflection isn't good but would over come this with lots of foliage.
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/sw...hoCxCIQAvD_BwE#glass-terrarium-91-x-45-x-90cm
Mesh enclosure will work OK in the uk you may to have correx the back and 2 sides with a reptibreeze, but there is also the option of muji panthers or jungle jims vivariums which are both in the uk , which both provide drainage trays

Hi ah ok that makes sense, see the thing in the UK is its very humid, my house humidity is around 40-60%, I'll have to check my room that it's going to be in but this is roughly how much it is. Would it still be a problem if I'm spraying down the cage 3 or 4 times a day for hydration. I think I will still try to make a drainage solution.
So ambient daytime humidity for a veiled should run 30-50%. Panther can run 40-60%... But once you add moisture to a ambient that is sitting that high your going to get even higher levels which is not recommended for an ambient daytime level.

You might be better off with screen and then modifying that. This way you end up with more airflow.

So ambient daytime humidity for a veiled should run 30-50%. Panther can run 40-60%... But once you add moisture to a ambient that is sitting that high your going to get even higher levels which is not recommended for an ambient daytime level.

You might be better off with screen and then modifying that. This way you end up with more airflow.
Makes sense

Mesh enclosure will work OK in the uk you may to have correx the back and 2 sides with a reptibreeze, but there is also the option of muji panthers or jungle jims vivariums which are both in the uk , which both provide drainage trays
I'm loving the enclosures muji panthers are selling. Unfortunately everything seems to be out off stock though shame.

I'm loving the enclosures muji panthers are selling. Unfortunately everything seems to be out off stock though shame.
They are not out of stock , julian, only makes them to order , send him and email or whatever, they are very good, julian and michale are very helpful and informative 👍

They are not out of stock , julian, only makes them to order , send him and email or whatever, they are very good, julian and michale are very helpful and informative 👍
Thanks, if it wasn't for you, I would always think there were no enclosures l will contact them soon just ordered a humidity meter, so I know what type of enclosure I require.

You are welcome, that is what we are all here for , julian is a great guy , they have breed chameleons and will always give an honest opinion for your requirements

What type of hygrometer are you getting? , my room was 56% earlier. O sorry panther definitely to answer your title thread question lol . Like I try to follow the weather in Madagascar, so if you have an ambient humidity between 50 / 60 then it rains you could have a spike up to 80 %

What type of hygrometer are you getting? , my room was 56% earlier. O sorry panther definitely to answer your title thread question lol . Like I try to follow the weather in Madagascar, so if you have an ambient humidity between 50 / 60 then it rains you could have a spike up to 80 %
I just bought a simple digital one

The standard size for chams is 24x24x48 or bigger if you want. My veiled is close to 20 inches long.

Back
Top Bottom