Glass or screen cage

Hello,My humidity level is at 50
Room temp is 70. What next? Choose a cage?
At what humidity level should one go with a glass terrarium? Should I go with a glass or screen terrarium. I’m guessing glass. Just making sure.chammy007

Last edited:
And it’s used to keep humidity in?chammy007
I’m asking because I already bought a screen cage before I was able to make an educated decision; before I started this thread.
If I could just use an insulation kit I might benefit. Once again my humidity level is in the 50% range. Room temp is at 70.
Would I benefit from the insulation kit?chammy007

Last edited:
I’m asking because I already bought a screen cage before I was able to make an educated decision; before I started this thread.
If I could just use an insulation kit I might benefit. Once again my humidity level is in the 50% range. Room temp is at 70.
Would I benefit from the insulation kit?chammy007
That's perfect daytime humidity for a panther chameleon. Veilds prefer lower in the 30-40% range.

I’m still shopping for a Cham and I’m leading towards the panther cams. But am curious: any opinions on the Horned Pygmy Cham
https://reptmart.com/horned-pygmy-chameleon-rare/
Just a refresher I have a diycage.com 36x18x18 vertical screen. The Pygmy grows to be at the 4” range. Am I correct that the diycage would be a perfect size for the cam? How about humidity and temp. At the moment the humidity is at 43 topping at 50. And room temp is 68. Just like to say thanks again for all of your help.chammy007

Last edited:
No pygmy are more ground dwellers. They prefer to be in leafs on the forest floor and only going up to sleep. So for a pygmy a vertical cage wouldn't be ideal. Completely different care requirements compared to a panther and a veiled. I would also strongly discourage buying a chameleon from a pet store or unreputable breeder online such as the one you posted.

I'd suggest you decide what chameleon you truly truly want and than go from there. You're hoping back and forth a lot from species to species. Each one has their own specific needs and care requirements.

No pygmy are more ground dwellers. They prefer to be in leafs on the forest floor and only going up to sleep. So for a pygmy a vertical cage wouldn't be ideal. Completely different care requirements compared to a panther and a veiled. I would also strongly discourage buying a chameleon from a pet store or unreputable breeder online such as the one you posted.

I'd suggest you decide what chameleon you truly truly want and than go from there. You're hoping back and forth a lot from species to species. Each one has their own specific needs and care requirements.
Thanks much. Any recommendations as far as where to buy Chams?
Thanks again.chammy007

Hello again, if you find a Nosy Be that looks like these I’d be a candidate. http://www.chameleonparadise.net/chameleons/nosybe/

Back
Top Bottom