Giardia!

When they feel that they have no other choice, they will ‘throw’ themselves down in a fall as a last chance to escape. It’s very unnerving for us when they do it as we know we aren’t going to hurt them, but their perspective is very different.
Oh ok so when I setup my enclosure for Groot should I not have a lot of branches so he doesn't hurt himself if he does this or is it better to have a lot?

Oh ok so when I setup my enclosure for Groot should I not have a lot of branches so he doesn't hurt himself if he does this or is it better to have a lot?
A fall is super unlikely - for them it's an absolute last ditch effort to get away from what they perceive as deadly danger. Clearly in your case you're helping him but he can't understand that.

I would set up the enclosure so that he's happiest during day to day life. Don't change the enclosure on the extremely slim chance he chooses to fall once in the whole time you have him. :)

When they feel that they have no other choice, they will ‘throw’ themselves down in a fall as a last chance to escape. It’s very unnerving for us when they do it as we know we aren’t going to hurt them, but their perspective is very different.
Yes, it was definitely a death drop. I screamed so loud the walls shook. My husband panicked because he was not able to help Carmelo and he thought Carmelo was going to death drop again. It was 5 minutes of straight trauma for all.

Day 5: meds administered. I swaddled Carmelo in a fluffy towel, meds were administered. Removed swaddling cloth and he started non stop climbing in my hands. He engaged in this behavior 6 minutes. After he settled down, I held him for 5 minutes. I returned him to the enclosure. He assumed statue mode for 5 minutes. He then made his way to the basking area. Mission completed.

Back
Top Bottom