Getting Worried...

UserName

Not sure if my chameleon is eating right or I'm not feeding him right.. but when I dust the pinhead crickets and let them loose on the cage for my chameleon to hunt them... he only seems to be on the top branches and doesn't seem to go to the bottom or near the bottom of the cage (which most of the pinheads go) not sure if this is normal or not..

Chams aren't supposed to go to the bottom of the cage.

If you want him to eat more, or to eat the ones you put in the cage, then you need to cup feed.

If you want to give him the experience of hunting, get a large Tupperware container, I use one tahts shoe box size, and put the bugs in that.

We had the same problem in the beginning. We thought we were doing something wrong. He wouldn't chase the crickets like I thought he would (they were too fast) and the ones he didnt eat would end up dead under his plant. We found that hand feeding works the best for us. I know exactly how much he eats everyday and there are no dead bugs stinking up the cage :)

We had the same problem in the beginning. We thought we were doing something wrong. He wouldn't chase the crickets like I thought he would (they were too fast) and the ones he didnt eat would end up dead under his plant. We found that hand feeding works the best for us. I know exactly how much he eats everyday and there are no dead bugs stinking up the cage :)

this crickets aren't that fast, but they just go to the bottom of the cage.. and last time I tried to cup feed, he just walked away from the cup to the my arm

Chams aren't supposed to go to the bottom of the cage.

If you want him to eat more, or to eat the ones you put in the cage, then you need to cup feed.

If you want to give him the experience of hunting, get a large Tupperware container, I use one tahts shoe box size, and put the bugs in that.

You say they are not suppose to go to bottom of cage why is that? Also then is it bad that I have a shoe box size container I put my crickets in at the bottom of cage?

Chams are arboreal species..
They live in trees.

While some adult males male go to the bottom of their cages to patrol their territory, or females do it when its time to lay eggs, its not a normal occurance.

my chams wont eat bugs unless they are up top.

Back
Top Bottom