Getting Veiled tomorrow...HELP

garcraw4

I'm getting a 3 month old Veiled tomorrow fed ex from Cali. What do i do when i get him??? I've only received tortoises in the mail, so a cham is new for me. Help!!!

yeah, i've read quite a few forums on everything i should do but i mean like the second he gets here, what do i do?

OK-What are you housing him-what lighting do you have-what temps have you created? Do you have your supplements? Gut loaded feeders? The minute you get him put him in his cage and leave him alone while he adjusts except to water and feed him.

I've had my cage set up since Thursday to make sure i have all the humidity, temperatures, plants, climbing stuff, crickets, supplements and everything else you could imagine, haha. Should i feed him right when he gets here or kind of let him chill out to get adjusted? I have plenty of crickets.

okay, that sounds good. How many should i feed him right away, or should i just see what he wants to eat?

My cham ate immediately when I got him. A 3 month old can eat alot of crickets. If they are like 1/4 inch you can feed him around 15 a day. Pretty much as much as they can eat as they are growing very fast. Just throw a few in for starters and see if he will eat. If he does then give him a few more and so on. Don't leave any in at night time. Remove all the crickets before the lights go out

My lights go on at around 8:00am and go off at like 6:30 pm. I was doing 12 on 12 off but tried to get the lights out a little earlier since the time change and it getting dark so early. When we go back to not being on daylight savings I will go back to turning the lights off at 8:00 pm

Back
Top Bottom