Getting ready to say goodbye to Lou

Have you guys heard of bug-de-lite? I almost want to jump the gun and get him some liquid calcium. I emailed the vet with his opinion on that and the gout ease treatment they sell. His uric acid levels were at 7.6( or so just made an glimpse), but I am unsure what that level means

Best wishes to the both of you and sounds like you are doing everything possible for him. Hope he makes a turn around.

You said..."Have you guys heard of bug-de-lite? I almost want to jump the gun and get him some liquid calcium. I emailed the vet with his opinion on that and the gout ease treatment they sell. His uric acid levels were at 7.6( or so just made an glimpse), but I am unsure what that level means"....why do you want to give him calcium?

@Hillary anne ... Don't know anything about it...I just looked it up...
https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Liquid Calcium

Last edited:
You said..."Have you guys heard of bug-de-lite? I almost want to jump the gun and get him some liquid calcium. I emailed the vet with his opinion on that and the gout ease treatment they sell. His uric acid levels were at 7.6( or so just made an glimpse), but I am unsure what that level means"....why do you want to give him calcium?

@Hillary anne ... Don't know anything about it...I just looked it up...
https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Liquid Calcium
He is deficient in it, think it would absorb better via oral injection opposed to dusting his feeders

I remember you saying he was deficient before now...sometimes my brain has a blip! Liquid calcium will absorb faster.

Thank you all for your support, your advice and holding a space for us. That was the hardest thing I’ve been through and I’ve been through a lot. Have been second guessing myself like crazy but I think I did the right thing. The vet took some samples from his elbow and I should hear something (I hope). I took him home to bury and looked myself. It was oozing yellow pus and white strange strain looking stuff was deep within his elbow, I am unsure if that was from where his doctor pulled or if that was formation. I am hoping to get confirmation on his findings but am trying to be patient. The receptionist told me after cutting him open I made the right choice so I am sitting with that. I plan on writing a blog with everything that’s been happening these last 4 months, pictures and what I feel I did wrong since he was a wee one to adulthood. Maybe sharing his early symptoms up to o this month will help someone else too.

Thank you all for your support, your advice and holding a space for us. That was the hardest thing I’ve been through and I’ve been through a lot. Have been second guessing myself like crazy but I think I did the right thing. The vet took some samples from his elbow and I should hear something (I hope). I took him home to bury and looked myself. It was oozing yellow pus and white strange strain looking stuff was deep within his elbow, I am unsure if that was from where his doctor pulled or if that was formation. I am hoping to get confirmation on his findings but am trying to be patient. The receptionist told me after cutting him open I made the right choice so I am sitting with that. I plan on writing a blog with everything that’s been happening these last 4 months, pictures and what I feel I did wrong since he was a wee one to adulthood. Maybe sharing his early symptoms up to o this month will help someone else too.

You have been so incredibly strong through all of this. You absolutely did the right thing. I'm sorry you had to experience this.

Back
Top Bottom