Gertie

Gertie32

Meet Gertie. Little green piggie has stolen my heart. ♥️ She is a year old rescue. I can't imagine what a world was before I got her.

Attachments

• 35B548F1-097E-4451-A938-8A887827657C.jpeg
    35B548F1-097E-4451-A938-8A887827657C.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 73
  • F3E6515D-29EC-4000-8E14-897C8943AC6B.jpeg
    F3E6515D-29EC-4000-8E14-897C8943AC6B.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 85
She is adorable!

One thing I would recommend is to get the fake plants out of there asap. Veiled chameleons are notorious for munching down on plants, and if she munches down on a fake leaf, she could get impacted and die. (I don't mean to alarm you but fix this as soon as you can)

It never hurts to send a pic of her cage as well; we can see if you need to make any adjustments.

I hope her shed goes well!:D Congrats on your new chameleon!

She is adorable!

One thing I would recommend is to get the fake plants out of there asap. Veiled chameleons are notorious for munching down on plants, and if she munches down on a fake leaf, she could get impacted and die. (I don't mean to alarm you but fix this as soon as you can)

It never hurts to send a pic of her cage as well; we can see if you need to make any adjustments.

Thank You! I had no idea about the fake plants! So much to learn. I rescued her from certain death as she was living in a Travel Trailer and about to go north. I convinced the owner that she would never make it with all of the jostling and more importantly the cold weather. I inherited the cage and Gertie.
I have ordered her all new 24”x 24” x 48”.
Just waiting for new UVB lights, basking etc.
so I can transfer her ASAP. I so appreciate your input. I want Gertie to live a long healthy happy life i
She is adorable!

Thank You!
I had no idea. I rescued Gertie from certain death from a guy that lived in a travel trailer who was about to take off for parts unknown to the north. I convinced him that all of the jostling in the back of a trailer going on the interstate headed to cold-weather would be so stressful for her if not kill her. I had to do some fast talking and handover $350 so I could take Gertie home with me. I never thought I would ever own a reptile. No clue what to do at all until I found this forum.
for example, when I woke up and saw her shedding like this in her picture, I almost had a coronary. I’m learning.
I inherited the cage the lighting system which is poor and the artificial plants etc. I have on order better UVB lights, mister, dripper and a larger cage, I’ve already bought many plants and and overall better set up for her. I thank you all for any and all input. It is a learning process.
My goal is to make Gertie as happy and safe as possible. She is such a jewel. I absolutely adore her..... So does my Bengal cat but for different reasons.

Glad you got her! With our little ladies, husbandry has to be perfect so that they won’t suffer any problems with egg production and laying. Not sure if you’re aware, but she will lay eggs whether or not she’s ever even seen a male. It does take a lot out of them and there are ways to try to reduce laying, which in turn will prolong their lives. If you’d like, fill out the help form with as much detail as possible and someone can review your husbandry...help identify any areas that need improvement. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

She is adorable!

I did the change over today. Gertie is very happy hiding munching on her new live plants! Much bigger and more roomy.
Thank you everyone for your excellent advice. I will post a picture of her new set up when it’s completed,

Back
Top Bottom