I am glad he has you. You care and have given him the best, now if it is time to let him go, I am glad you can be with him. I know this is awful, just hold on, you will be ok.

I am so sorry to hear that George is not showing improvement. I hope he will turn around over the weekend. I know you will do all that you can for him. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Sadly, George has gone to the big forest in the sky. He had not had any improvement since starting supportive care and lost his interest in food. He still couldn't really use his hindlimbs and today when I picked him up I realized that the base of his tail could not curl or move at all, like his spine was fused. I saw some arthritis in this area of his tail on his X-rays but didn't realize the full extent. And then this morning he tried to vomit. So I made the decision to let him go, and he went very peacefully. :( I'll be posting for him in the memorial section.

My thought are with you at this sad time. George was very lucky to have had you as his mom. Sleep tight little man.

Dayna, I'm so sorry he's passed away, it's hard to let them go. George was a lucky guy to have such a wonderful, compassionate keeper.

Awww this is so sad :( sorry for your loss. At least you did absolutely everything you could and gave him the best care he could ask for. RIP George.

Sorry to hear George is gone. :( Thanks for making his final days as comfortable as possible. RIP little one.

Sorry for your loss. Its difficult to see them go downhill after being so vibrant through most of their lives. He was a well cared for chameleon.

George's microscopic necropsy results are back showing significant kidney disease in both kidneys to the point of even having some gout crystals just in his kidneys. This isn't uncommon once the kidneys start to fail. So his bloodwork supported kidney disease, but gave the impression of it being early or mild when it was definitely advanced. Tricky little bugger. He was also sterile interstingly as his testes were completely inactive. He was never bred, I just thought that was interesting. He had significant pneumonia of one lung - I think he aspirated some of his critical care feedings so I think this was something that happened closer to death because he never showed any respiratory signs. It was definitely sad to let him go but I feel like it was definitely the correct choice for him. Just wanted to post the results for anyone interested.

George's microscopic necropsy results are back showing significant kidney disease in both kidneys to the point of even having some gout crystals just in his kidneys. This isn't uncommon once the kidneys start to fail. So his bloodwork supported kidney disease, but gave the impression of it being early or mild when it was definitely advanced. Tricky little bugger. He was also sterile interstingly as his testes were completely inactive. He was never bred, I just thought that was interesting. He had significant pneumonia of one lung - I think he aspirated some of his critical care feedings so I think this was something that happened closer to death because he never showed any respiratory signs. It was definitely sad to let him go but I feel like it was definitely the correct choice for him. Just wanted to post the results for anyone interested.

Again, I am sorry about George. Them getting old and having to say good bye is the hardest part about having any pet. Thank you for sharing his health issues, x-rays, bloodwork and now the necropsy results. It helps to educate us all.

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the details with us all. It's never easy to lose a beloved pet.

Back
Top Bottom