Genetically modified cattle produce human breast milk

jojackson

What are your thoughts on this story?

SCIENTISTS have created genetically modified cattle that produce "human" milk in a bid to make cows' milk more nutritious....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...uman-breast-milk/story-e6frev20-1226032918003

917105-holstein-diary-cow.jpg

OK that's kind of disturbing in some way LOL.

I'm not really a fan of milk myself anyway. Milk is for babies- not those of us old enough to walk and talk- leafy greens and the like are for the rest of us.

i wonder who wasthe first person to ever consider drinking cow milk in the first place?

if you think about it, sounds weird :confused:

oh although i like drinking milk on occasion

cow milk is for baby cows

humans are the only species to ever drink milk from another species....

makes you think doesnt it:p lmao lol

i could be wrong but if im wrong please correct me

i wonder who wasthe first person to ever consider drinking cow milk in the first place?

LOL
200px-Udder_closeup.jpg

"Hmmmm, look at that, I think Ill sqeeze that and drink whatever comes out!"

Thats Disturbing! :D

Yes GM animals do disturb me, seems so unatural (more than drinking milk in the first place), just a step too far. Besides, whats wrong with Human produced Human milk for babies? We're getting further and further from nature Imo.

Is it odd I find it more weird to drink human milk versus cow milk?

Now I want some milk and cookies. I think I'll settle for some chocolate candies and milk instead.

originally humans were incapable of digesting milk our stomachs did not have lactose digesting agents and most other species cannot digest milk any longer than necessary to survive. Many adults lose the ability to digest milk later in life. The com that is genetically modified to produce human milk is extreeemly disturbing. Scientists believe cave men used milk to survive harsh winters and starvation. It is said unpasturized milk is much easier for humans to digest due to minerals and other microbes which are destroyed in the heating of the milk. Read all this in the big book of food science incredibly dry reading.

originally humans were incapable of digesting milk our stomachs did not have lactose digesting agents and most other species cannot digest milk any longer than necessary to survive. Many adults lose the ability to digest milk later in life. The com that is genetically modified to produce human milk is extreeemly disturbing. Scientists believe cave men used milk to survive harsh winters and starvation. It is said unpasturized milk is much easier for humans to digest due to minerals and other microbes which are destroyed in the heating of the milk. Read all this in the big book of food science incredibly dry reading.

i hope you mean cow:eek: lmao

Humans evolved into being able to digest lactose. Although some cultures, like Asians aren't able to because they never drank milk. Drinking milk from a cow started in Europe I think. Imo human milk is more weird than drinking cow milk. Think about it.

This thread is incrediblzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Since reading this thread I have had an unbelievable craving for cold hotdogs and really sharp cheese.

Humans evolved into being able to digest lactose. Although some cultures, like Asians aren't able to because they never drank milk. Drinking milk from a cow started in Europe I think. Imo human milk is more weird than drinking cow milk. Think about it.

well that guy from europe must had a fetish for utters or something, cuz i dont care what you say....someone wanted some of what baby cows want:p:D

"humans are the the only species to drink milk BEYOND the necessary ages needed in infancy"

"humans are the only species to consume milk from another species"

"cow milk is made to grow baby cows"

"human milk os to grow human babies"

"the whole idea milk is good for you, cuz of vit.d, calcium etc, is more marketing then anything else"

"got milk;)"

these are my OPINIONATED statements, not actual facts, but i feel they do give a certain point

and on a side note

i love chocolate milk, ice cream, cheese, and other milk related products:D:p

You could say the same about eggs. Why eat eggs? I don't like eggs btw. They come out of a chickens butt and when you eat them you're eating a chicken fetus. Gross. Have you ever cracked open a chicken egg to cook it and have a baby chicken fall out dead. Me either, but it could happen. Lmao!

For the record I enjoy milk AND chicken eggs. Maybe that's why I'm such a terrible person. You know what else I like? SUSHI. Some of that has fish eggs on it and you don't wanna KNOW where that comes from.... :D

You could say the same about eggs. Why eat eggs? I don't like eggs btw. They come out of a chickens butt and when you eat them you're eating a chicken fetus. Gross. Have you ever cracked open a chicken egg to cook it and have a baby chicken fall out dead. Me either, but it could happen. Lmao!

well...we eat meat, and other stuff...that i do not mind

its the fliuds and drinking that weirds me out...

we only need water, technically

For the record I enjoy milk AND chicken eggs. Maybe that's why I'm such a terrible person. You know what else I like? SUSHI. Some of that has fish eggs on it and you don't wanna KNOW where that comes from.... :D

i'm with you on this:cool: i luv me a good glass of milk with cookies
some scrammbled eggs in the mornin, and sushi with wasabi!! oh my!!:D mmm

I'm with Syn on this one. I like my milk. In fact I like it the way it naturally comes from the cow.

I have! Only we boiled them.

You can buy these at the asian market with chicks in them!

You get to feel like godzilla! (Or maybe a tegu or monitor lizard!)

Wasn't my favorite, but is a fun memory.

This is much more natural than drinking milk- many of our fellow predators and omnivores eat eggs and chicks.

I said near the beginning of the thread that I'm not much into milk, but I do have a little from time to time if I'm eating cereal or sometimes with cake or cookies, occasional ice-cream, etc.

But I don't drink it much or often.

Milk and other dairy products have been shown to increase the chance of getting prostate cancer in men. Along with a number of other things like diabetes, alzheimers, etc.

Syn- very funny- now imagine that jug o milk is full of human breastmilk, cause that is what they want to do with these cows in the future, for your health of course!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom