Gecko keepers

So cool! Don't see people holding them often.

Something interesting I've heard about them... that the males and females often bond to each other and protect their young. IDT most geckos, or reptiles in general do this?

I have actually heard of Tokay geckos guarding their young and I have also heard of males protecting and "looking after" the eggs which is a really unique behavior for male reptiles in general. On the other hand I have also heard of some Tokays that decide to make a meal of their young so I think it depends on the individual gecko.

I have actually heard of Tokay geckos guarding their young and I have also heard of males protecting and "looking after" the eggs which is a really unique behavior for male reptiles in general. On the other hand I have also heard of some Tokays that decide to make a meal of their young so I think it depends on the individual gecko.

Wonder if the frenzy of feeding gets the males to eat the young at times. Has me interested though, makes me want to try a tokay breeding project one day.

Guess who finally decided to reveal his sex? He's a boy! Lol his balls dropped! He's a good eater and has been growing like a weed. This picture makes him look vicious but he's such a teddy bear. Never fights to come out and once he's out he's tame as can be. I love our little reptile collection!
20190502_123449.jpg

he's adorable! I had a gargoyle gecko for a while when i was about 7 or 8 and i had to put him down after he got some weird disease (they thought it was reptilian cancer).

How is he/she not biting you?

Because of the way i am holding him. He is actually pretty calm most of the time he was just really pissed in these pix because i was deep cleaning his cage and had to pick him up and put him in the holding tank.

Because of the way i am holding him. He is actually pretty calm most of the time he was just really pissed in these pix because i was deep cleaning his cage and had to pick him up and put him in the holding tank.

Oh I heard tokay are pretty bitey.

I have the following lol, 1 male crested gecko, 1 male gold dust day gecko, 1 male leopard gecko, 1 female Asian box turtle, 1 male veiled chameleon, 1 female veiled chameleon. I am currently working on a dart frog setup.

Come on gecko!
Hey pretty gecko with the high color on!
You give me fever
like I've never, forever known!
You're just a product of loveliness!
I like the groove of your walk,
your talk, your dress!
I feel your fever
from miles around!
I'll pick you up in my cage
and we'll paint this gecko town!
Just kiss me Gecko
and tell me twice,
that you're the one for me!
The way you make me feel!
(The way you make me feel!)
You really turn me on!
(You really turn me on!)
You knock me off of my feet!
(You knock me off of my feet!)
My lonely days are gone!
(My lonely days are gone!)
I like this feelin' you're givin' me!.....

Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel FEAT WITH ALPHAKENC
o.jpg.cf.jpg

Gecko, gecko, gecko, gecko, gecko, gecko,

We were as one, gecko
For a moment in time
And it seemed everlasting
That you would always be mine
Now you wanna be free
So I'll let you fly
'Cause I know in my heart,gecko
Our love will never die, no

You'll always be a part of me
I'm a part of you indefinitely, gecko don't you know you can't escape me?
Ooh, darling, 'cause you'll always be my gecko
And we'll linger on
Time can't erase a feeling this strong
No way you're never gonna shake me
Ooh, darling, 'cause you'll always be my gecko....
2cc64cab8299c0916a61dd08c39d7f97--snek-leopard-geckos.jpg.cf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom