Gasping Noise

Stearman

So when my baby cham sleeps she opens her mouth and makes a hissing gasping noise it kinda looks like a yawn then she makes that noise and I read it might be a respiratory problem any suggestions?????

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like it might be an RI. Any excess mucus in the mouth or nose?
Is the cage near a vent or window? Is the basking area (where it sits) at the right temperature?
What species? Age?

What is an R.I.yes it's next to a window. no mucus. The basting is light is between 75 to 82 Fahrenheit it's a velid and not sure the age got her about 5 days ago not much older than 3 to 4 weeks old I would say

Respiratory infection.
Where do you live? (State, province, etc?)?

There should be no light at night. Use a ceramic heat emitter if the temperature goes below 60F

California and can I get one of those from a pet store and what should I do to fix this should I go to the vet

Not sure if it's an RI or not since you say there's no mucus. Does she have her nose up in the air when she does it? Is it constant or just sometimes?

It's likely that you will need to see a vet if it continues.

This is
15180678544981155162238.jpg
her sleeping now

Although I don't know if it is the best thing for the chameleon, if she was purchased at the pet store you may want to bring her back for treatment. If they sold a sick animal and now you will have the vet bills, it doesn't seem fair. You may want to find out what they could do for her.

Although I don't know if it is the best thing for the chameleon, if she was purchased at the pet store you may want to bring her back for treatment. If they sold a sick animal and now you will have the vet bills, it doesn't seem fair. You may want to find out what they could do for her.
Thank you that sounds like a good Idea I'll try that thank you for the help

Back
Top Bottom