Garrett’s orange eyes

@NorCalAnthony I was hoping you would surface and post on this thread, haha! Thor's an absolute beaut! So cool to be able to compare our sibling Parsons and their growth rates like this.

Also, how's his appetite been? Boris is all over the board on what and WHEN he wants to eat. What a diva.

@shawn_melanson Stitch is looking great. I love his colors so far.

@SmithSe Dang Boris looks like he's doing great and putting on some good weight too. It's funny you ask/mention that, Thor's the same way. Some days he's an eager eater and other days he seems like he could care less. I've been feeding 10 or so crickets every other day and am trying to give him a handful of silks or hornworms once a week when I'm able to get them. What about you?

@NorCalAnthony Does Thor eat the silkies and hornworms no problemo? Boris was chowin' on silk/hornworms like crazy one day and then the next day (literally) when I threw one in there that was the same size as all the other silkies I had given him he hissed and lunged at it. Other than that, he's on dubia and orange headed roach kick lately. Crickets tickle his fancy like 30% of the time, which is surprising to me.

@NorCalAnthony Garrett told me mine hatched probably June so yours is a little older then mine. I can’t wait for him to start growing. He’s super picky though I put everything in there for him (Dubai, silk worms, super worms, crickets, wax worms) and he doesn’t eat a lot. He seems to like super worms the most though and will pick a cricket off the screen when he chooses hasn’t touched the Dubia or silks lol. Hopefully his appetite will Pick up more

I'm just now seeing this thread :D These guys started hatching in the middle of May and finished up in early June, 2017 so they could fall anywhere in between those dates. Here's the original thread of them hatching:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/first-parsonii-of-the-year.157967/

As far as their growth rates... just for some perspective I keep them semi outdoors year round in an attached greenhouse. Temperatures out there during the summer months are HOT, up into the 90s and even 100 on some days.
In the winter it will be covered with snow and a heater running full blast. Since I'm so far north the average yearly temperature (with my heater running 24/7) is about 70f, so they do slow down in growth quite a bit during the fall and winter months. From Nov to about March days are in the upper 60s out there. They seem to eat plenty of food but not having them at 80 or so all year long does slow down their growth.
On the flipside they get exposure to unfiltered UV through the special acrylic panels out there. So it's kind of a trade off, I will say the parsons I'm keeping now seem much healthier and alert than when I used to keep them indoors all year.
From what I've seen they all seem to reach full adult size, although it does take a little longer. The parents to these animals aren't particularly large, I think the male is about 700g. He's over 12 years old and not as bulky as he used to be.
I know if you're lucky and live in southern CA with warm temps all year they will grow much faster :p
I might try something new this year and just offer up some young babies so people can grow them up how they want. Speaking of which, #1 2018 just hatched today :)
IMG_5822.jpg

I'm just now seeing this thread :D These guys started hatching in the middle of May and finished up in early June, 2017 so they could fall anywhere in between those dates. Here's the original thread of them hatching:

As far as their growth rates... just for some perspective I keep them semi outdoors year round in an attached greenhouse. Temperatures out there during the summer months are HOT, up into the 90s and even 100 on some days.
In the winter it will be covered with snow and a heater running full blast. Since I'm so far north the average yearly temperature (with my heater running 24/7) is about 70f, so they do slow down in growth quite a bit during the fall and winter months. From Nov to about March days are in the upper 60s out there. They seem to eat plenty of food but not having them at 80 or so all year long does slow down their growth.
On the flipside they get exposure to unfiltered UV through the special acrylic panels out there. So it's kind of a trade off, I will say the parsons I'm keeping now seem much healthier and alert than when I used to keep them indoors all year.
From what I've seen they all seem to reach full adult size, although it does take a little longer. The parents to these animals aren't particularly large, I think the male is about 700g. He's over 12 years old and not as bulky as he used to be.
I know if you're lucky and live in southern CA with warm temps all year they will grow much faster :p
I might try something new this year and just offer up some young babies so people can grow them up how they want. Speaking of which, #1 2018 just hatched today :)
View attachment 208215

Congratulations Garrett!!!!

I'm totally going to have to visit you in Seattle when we are there Garrett. I think we need to be introduced to your chams. lol

View attachment 208215

Great to hear from you Garrett. My boys doing awesome! Living in New Hampshire I deal with that same weather. I’ll be keeping him indoors about 70% the time and outdoors the other 30% well see what happens. Do you have any photos you could post if the sire? Congrats on the baby! If you do decide to offer some of these babies up please be sure to let me know I’d be interested. (y)

Attachments

• E5504170-A057-48F4-AA41-17B93BD3ED29.jpeg
    E5504170-A057-48F4-AA41-17B93BD3ED29.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 370
My girl Delilah was hatched on June 1, 2017 and I received her on May 18, 2018 weight unknown. But I did weigh her on 6/20 @ 87g, 6/30 @ 93g, 7/27 @ 131g.

Attachments

• 2EB8D112-AEC4-4DDC-AAF2-E3EBB087214A.jpeg
    2EB8D112-AEC4-4DDC-AAF2-E3EBB087214A.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 353
  • C8B5DE8D-CC03-4BEA-9A40-7C99DC167A43.jpeg
    C8B5DE8D-CC03-4BEA-9A40-7C99DC167A43.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 4310587C-8B6C-47D5-B71A-8090703DA700.jpeg
    4310587C-8B6C-47D5-B71A-8090703DA700.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 349
@Garrett He's really taken off this past month! Your guys are looking great too, I'm really diggin' the colors on that first male! How are your newest babies doing and how many did you hatch?

So awesome, congrats! I’m sure you’re getting parsonii rearing down to a science at this point, but I’m assumimh your hands are still pretty full with those little nuggets! ;)

Back
Top Bottom