Garden Eel Tank Cohabitants

ERKleRose

Chameleon Enthusiast
Setting up a new saltwater tank and was wondering if anyone has had any success with keeping any fish with garden eels?

Setting up a new saltwater tank and was wondering if anyone has had any success with keeping any fish with garden eels?
In general they are very hard to keep ans hence not that common.

They need a very deep substrate layer and can damage themselves trying to burrow but hitting the tank bottom.

They also need plenty of space or fights will occur, espiecially between males so a large area tank is a must.

Not many aquariums keep them which also hints of the problems.

If you do try then good luck with them and please let me know how you go after a few months.

In general they are very hard to keep ans hence not that common.

They need a very deep substrate layer and can damage themselves trying to burrow but hitting the tank bottom.

They also need plenty of space or fights will occur, espiecially between males so a large area tank is a must.

Not many aquariums keep them which also hints of the problems.

If you do try then good luck with them and please let me know how you go after a few months.
Thanks! I knew that much and such; some keepers have success with cohabitants and others don’t. Just wanted to put feelers out to see if anyone has had success, and if they have, with what. Thanks again! If I do go with gardens eels, I’ll keep you updated!

Back
Top Bottom