Gaping? Why?

Hilikus311

Okay so this question has probably been asked a billion times and i did a search and it didn't turn up much so i was wondering why he is doing this today? i did take him outside for a few and well it was much hotter outside? While outside though i did use water (fine mist) now and then to keep him from overheating. I've seen this behavior before and its always when basking i know its to cool off but why don't he just move? His basking spot is around 93-95F and about a foot away it is about room temp. so its not that bad right?

Anywho thanks for any response!:D

P.S. I got some vids of his enclosure and of my new friends! check em out and comments are always apprieciated! heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/XGCPR3D4T0R

Last edited:
Too hot! Keep him a little cooler. I bask my male veiled between 88 and 89. A liitle cooler means a longer life.

I would get that heat down, especially since you're in Texas! I can't imagine how hot it can get there (well, yes, I can BUT!), but I'd play it safe.

I would get that heat down, especially since you're in Texas! I can't imagine how hot it can get there (well, yes, I can BUT!), but I'd play it safe.

Yeah it gets pretty darn hot over here easy 100's during the summer; we are already hitting the upper 90s but AZ gets pretty hot to but its a dry hot unlike down here

Back
Top Bottom